Monday, January 24, 2011

Tea or coffee?

It’s always a great day when a cross stitch magazine appears in the mail box! Everything stops, the kettle gets put on, out come the cookies and I’m in heaven! Come and join me, pull up a chair.... there's plenty tea in the pot or I can make you a coffee if you prefer!

I’ve just received my copy of Cross Stitch Card Shop Magazine which is one of my favourite mags. This one is issue 76 which is the Jan/Feb edition, and…..woo hooo….my designs are on the cover! I’m officially a cover girl! lol



I always get really excited to see my designs in print, and after all this time, the novelty hasn’t worn off. I love the way the designs have been finished and made into cards.

 This is a closer view of the finished cards.


I have to say a big “thank you” to whoever stitched up the designs. There’s a list of stitchers at the back of the magazine, but it doesn’t specify who stitched what. So, as we all know the work that goes in to stitching any piece I would like to thank each one of the following stitchers (I know they are very unlikely to read this, but I feel I should thank them anyway) Sally Adams, Annette Baker, Barbara Clarke, Barbara Cox, Judy Davies, Karen Gautier, Claire Haines, Debbie Harding, Debbie Hart, Chris Humphreys, Alison Love, and Cathy Vines.

I have to admire these stitchers because although we all think that stitching for a magazine (getting paid to do something we love) would be awesome, it also must be really hard. Just think…you might be asked to stitch something you really, really disliked! I for one would find that very hard. And then of course, there are the dreaded deadlines. I wonder how many of these stitchers end up burning the oil to get everything completed?  Yup, I know how that feels! lol

So. I take my hat off to all these stitchers and with much appreciation say thanks for doing such an amazing job.

Thanks also to everyone for visiting my little blog, and especially to those of you who become followers and also those who leave me a comment…..that gets me sooo excited too! Thank you!

Until next time…happy stitching

Rhona

8 comments:

Cath said...

Congratulations ! They look great .X

Fiona said...

congrats, I loved these designs and will be stitching at least one of them :)

Tricia T said...

Oh, how fun! I have a few of the Cross Stitch Card Shop magazines, but they are *so* expensive here in the States. Eek! I think a year's subscription is over $100. Your designs are beautiful!

Meadows08 said...

Congratulations Rhona!!! I'll look for this issue in the store.

Rowyn said...

Congratulations. How exciting to have your designs published in a magazine!

Poppypatchwork said...

Congratulations on being a cover girl, the designs are brilliant

Bonnie Brown said...

Congratulations on the cover!

Unknown said...

Congrats! They are wonderful patterns, and I love that magazine. $13.99 per issue here in Canada, but worth every penny!