Thursday, March 17, 2011

One step forwards...

two steps back. That's my progress on the Mighty Samurai! I had made the decision to stitch a bit on him every night, even if it was only one length of thread as that way there would definitely be progress. Now, you may remember me saying that I had made a mistake somewhere while I was working on the left hand side of the garment so had decided to work from right to left in the hope that I could kind of smudge round the mistake. Well last night I found the mistake and in true perfectionist style decided to unpick the block that was wrong - my only defense is that it seemed a good idea at the time. Suffice to say, I was pulling my hair out shortly thereafter. Let me tell you, it is sooo hard to distinguish the difference between 'red blended with dusty purple' and 'red blended with light dusty purple' etc. I really must learn to listen to that little voice in my head that tells me not to bother as no-one will notice. Anyway, I would show you a picture of the  progress (or lack thereof), with the stitching but my son has borrowed my camera! And since Mondays post was of things being back to normal I thought I had better do my normal Thursday post, otherwise  things wouldn't be back to normal! lol

Since I don't have a picture of the Mighty Samurai, I will give a you a sneaky look at what I'm stitching for Tangled Threads...no prizes for guessing what it is!

It actually looks scrummier (is that even a word?!!) in real life -  and I have added little sprinkles too!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


3 comments:

Lynn said...

Those pesky frogs have paid a visit to my place as well. I've spent the better part of the evening frogging out a section of one of my WIP. Time to send them packing!
Your new start looks yummy indeed!

Cath said...

mmm , cupcakes . X

Just had a giggle, my word verification is runosy , and I've got a cold ,lol .
Small things , eh ?

KathyEllen said...

I always say that "there are no stitching police", but I am just as determined to pick out those little "mistake" stitches too!

Great progress on your Samurai, on your last post.