Thursday, June 9, 2011

My new best friend!

Before I introduce you to my new best friend, I first want to say that I have been having problems trying to comment on peoples blogs. I don't want you to think that I'm not visiting your blogs (I'm too nosey not to want to see all your lovely stitching!) but I just keep going through the old sign in routine over and over  and over again. And nothing happens! So my apologies for the lack of comments, but I am reading!

So, onto my new best friend.

This was my old BFF....


and now we have a threesome! This is my new BFF...


Yes, sadly the old eyes aren't what they used to be.

This needle threader is awesome! Why did I leave it so long to admit that I needed one? lol For those young uns out there who are thinking 'what the heck?' it works like this...

First you put the needle threader through the eye of the needle, and since it's metal it goes through easily and first time (unlike thread!) You then position the thread over the little hook...


then you pull the threader back through the eye, bringing the thread at the same time.

Voila! Needle threaded in no time and without any naughty words or any wasting of good stitching time!

Highly recommended!

(And just as an FYI kind of thing, I normally do all of the above the opposite way round but it was the only way I could thread the needle and take pictures!)

Now I just have to make a little keeper thingy so i don't lose my new BFF..always something to be added to the 'to-do' list - as if it isn't long enough already!

Until next time...happy stitching.

Rhona

6 comments:

Mouse said...

hellooo .. I made a beaded tassel for mine so I don't lose it ... haven't had to resort to using it yet !!! take care and happy stitching love mouse xxxx

Tricia T said...

I am right there with you! I bought a cute beaded one, but the wire they used was too thick for my needles. That one looks just perfect!!!

Nicola said...

Great little gadget xx

Cath said...

Hi Rhona , when you sign in to blogger , if you unclick the keep me signed in bit , it might sort out your comments problem. Seems to be working for a lot of people. X

Fiona said...

hi Rhona, I love my needle threader :) I stuck a magnet to the lid of my sewing tin which I keep with my current project, i has my scissors, loose threads (namely the colour i'm currently using) and a few spare needles in, the magnet stops the needles & needle threader from falling out if i accidentally drop it (has been known to happen)I also stuck a magnet to my chart holder,stitching lamp and frame. This way i won't accidentally put it somewhere and lose it :)

Lynn said...

I haven't resorted to one of these yet but I'm getting close. This one looks like a keeper. Where did you find it?