Monday, June 13, 2011

Progress you can see!

Yippee! You can actually see the progress on The Mighty Samurai....boy does that make me feel good! lol



As you can see the ground is taking shape. It's rather boring to stitch and I have to confess that I made a mistake but couldn't find where the mistake was, so I just fudged it! I figured that if I can't find the mistake, no-one else will....you'll just have to promise not to tell anyone about it! Promise?

On to non stitchy news....

Ever had a time when wanting to help meant doing absolutely nothing? It's awful! Every instinct makes you want to help but doing something would make things worse. This is the dilemma I faced last week, I just had to sit and watch while the drama unfolded.

I looked out of the window as I heard such a commotion with the birds and found this...



The poor little fella had fallen out of his nest! He couldn't fly and his poor mama was beside herself! She was screeching and hollering and being very protective. It was amazing to see how she chased the other birds away. The poor little thing was flapping his stubby little wings and exhausting himself.


I didn't get too close to him as I didn't want to frighten him or to upset his poor mama!


It was so hard to watch. I kept my eye on him all day and he eventually managed to get himself into a lilac bush where he somehow managed to jump or fly to the bottom branch. We left out some water and bird food in the hope that he or mama could get to it. Next morning we could hear him calling, and Mama was still close by! Every morning we have gone to check on our little friend, but the last few days we haven't seen him, only heard him. But yesterday, we saw the little bird and he was able to fly! Now he just has to perfect the art of landing! I've got the camera at the ready hoping to get a picture of him.

So, thanks for visiting today, and I appreciate all your comments.


Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Your samurai is wonderful! Wow! Glad there was a happy ending to the poor baby bird's story. Whew!

Mouse said...

ooo he is looking splendid :) so glad you had a happy ending with your little birdie :) wish I could say the same for me .. lost three this year:( to various things ... hopefully things will be better next .. love mouse xxx

Anne said...

I can spot the mistake!! Just kidding! You are very close to finishing since those half stitches whip up fairly quickly. I'm glad to hear your little birdie learned to fly and is ok.

Toni said...

Your samurai is handsome! Congratulations on your stitching! Oh, there's the mistake, I can see it from here!!! Just kidding my dear, LOL!

Lynn said...

The Mighty Samurai is really coming together now! In fact I thought for a minute he was finished.
I'm glad that poor little bird has survived and is now able to fly. He'll soon be able to manage on his own.

Norwegianstitch said...

Wow, seriously, wow!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I am the same when I see a little bird all alone. Glad things worked out ok for him/her :)