Monday, December 26, 2011

Stitchers are amazing people!

Well that's it all over for another year! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I had a fantastic time with both my son and daughter being home from uni for their winter break. It was nice being together as a family once again! We were also  able to Skype our family back in the UK - so much better than a phone call, but we do miss them all terribly!

Anyway, on to some stitchy news. I had the most wonderful Christmas gift from someone I don't even know! I joined the Secret Santa on a cross stitch forum  and just had to share with you the amazing gift my secret Santa sent me....


Look at all those goodies!

This is the first time I have ever had anything cross stitched by someone! I can't believe how lucky I am, isn't the stitching beautiful! Not only did she stitch something for me but she did dragonflies....my favourite! You can't see the top of the dragonfly hanging as it's draped over so that I could take the picture. And as for that 'I love Scotland' coaster....could I ask for anything better? Being a tea drinking Scottish lass, it's perfect. There's also some dragonfly stickers for card making, a dragonfly hanger and magnetic needle holder with, you've guessed it, dragonflies! And for when I need a burst of energy for those late night stitching sessions, the only chocolate I like -  white chocolate! (And lots of it! lol) There was also a beautiful hand made dragonfly card which I forgot to put in the picture as it is sitting at my desk - it's stunning!
Wow, what an amazing gift!

I don't think my secret Santa reads this blog but I was so touched by her generosity that I wanted to share it with you. Stitchers truly are amazing people!

Hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

11 comments:

cucki said...

yup,,stitchers are really amazing people..
lovely gift from secret santa..have fun..
love cucki xx

mdgtjulie said...

What a lovely gift, Rhona. She really must have done some research on you!! Grats on the great gift. Hope you find out soon who it is!!

Mouse said...

ooooo nice goodies from your secret santa ... she seems to know you very well ..lol I love dragonflies too and I have the very same hanger :) love mouse xxxx
ps it wasn't me ..lol

Miamina said...

What lovely gifts! I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas :) It's truly amazing when you get surprise gifts that are just perfect for you!

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you were able to have your children with you and that you could skype Scotland.

That is one fantastic dragonfly package - really lovely, thoughtful gifties. Yes, stitchers are a special breed and I always feel lucky to be a member of the group!

Rowyn said...

Glad you had a lovely Christmas.

What a great haul you have there. Aren't cross stitch exchanges fun?

Sara said...

Glad you had a good Christmas, looks like you got a lovely package from Santa:)

Junk Loving Girl said...

Such a lovely Secret Santa gift, you got spoiled!

I happened across your blog searching for German Shepard cross stitch patterns. Hopefully this isn't too forward or rude but if you no longer require it would you consider selling the pattern? Or if you know somewhere in the US I could purchase it from? The only copy of the magazine I can find is from the UK and the cost of the mag + international postage is a bit prohibitive especially when I only require the one chart from it.

Either way I love your blog and I am looking forward to what other beautiful cross stitch you create!

Lija Broka said...

Amazing gift!

Karoline said...

What a great Secret Santa gift.

Best Wishes for 2012

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

What a lovely surprise to get!