Thursday, December 15, 2011

Why you should always leave a comment!

Who loves to get comments on their blog? As I scan over blogland I see that everyone has their hand up, so I would say that without a doubt, it's a resounding yes - we all love to get comments. For me, it makes me realize that I'm not just talking to myself (although I do that too!) When I first started blogging I wasn't always sure what to write when commenting about a post....'that's nice' didn't seem adequate! But the more I read, and the more comments that were left on my blog, I began to realize that even a 'that's nice' can make someone's day. So other than making the blogger feel very happy that someone is reading their blog and taking time to leave a comment, you just never know what that comment will lead to! It could lead to this...

A lovely surprise I found waiting at my front door! And inside was this...



It's a beautiful cross stitch kit from www.yiotas-xstitch.com .  And all because I left a comment on someone's blog! The blogger had been stitching one of Yiota's kits and I had commented saying that I liked the design. Yiota emailed me and asked if I would like to review one of her kits. Of course, it took me all of half a second to say yes! It took me soooo much longer to decide which kit to review! If you go to her site, be prepared to spend a long time there as she has the most amazing selection of cross stitch kits. So let me tell you about the kit -  I chose A lady Dancing by Mucha (one of my favourite artists).



 The kit comes with a colour picture on the front showing the design and inside there is a black and white chart which is printed over two sheets of quality A3 sized paper. The key lists Madeira threads but also has DMC conversion which is very handy if you plan to stitch this design more than once. The threads are all wound on bobbins and are labelled with the thread numbers which makes life so much easier, as we all know how difficult it is to try to figure out which colour is which! 14 count aida and a needle are also included in the kit.
Just look at all those wonderful thread colours!




Thanks Yiota, I can't wait to get started stitching this.

So, always remember to make someone's day by leaving a comment, you never know what it might lead to!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

16 comments:

Cleejoow said...

what a lovely surprise you got :) I agree, it's always nice to get a comment on your blog... It means someone actually took the time to read your post, and someone is thinking about you.
I checked out Yiotas' website but left it again after a few moments... I can already hear my CC scream in agony ;)

Mouse said...

hehehe I always try and leave a comment even a yooo hooo ..lol .. well done on being able to review their kits from what I have seen of them they are very good ,quick service and beautifully presented too :) love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

wow well done on the review..i really love this lovely kit..
lots of love for you xx

Unknown said...

What a great kit! It appears you are going to have a wonderful time stitching it! And yes, we should always leave comments, but I usually have a very tough time doing so. You are right though, great job would be a nice comment. I will do better, I will do better

Anne said...

What a lovely gift Rhona! I too try and leave comments but usually reserve 1 day or 2 a week to do so. Can't wait to see you start this kit!! I love Mucha too!!

Loretta said...

What a lovely surprise.

I can attest to the fact that commenting on a post can lead to a lovely surprise. Last year I commented on Nancy's (Glory Bee) blog and she sent the chart for LHN's Strawberry House which she had just finished stitching.

Ana Luisa said...

Yes, definitely! I like to leave comments on other people's blogs whenever possible, although sometimes it's not possible. ;)
I like to read comments left on my own blog, too, it's always so nice to read what other's have to say.
Well done on your "win". Gorgeous design, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time stitching it up.

Cath said...

Ooh ,that is so pretty .
I've been eying up the "Starry Night " kit , but it has to stay on my wish list at the moment , funds are very tight .X

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I love Yiota's cross stitch I've been eyeing off a couple of the boxer dog charts from there but I want to finish the one I'm doing first!

I love getting comments they make me smile when I turn on the computer and I have a pile of happy emails, its good to know someone cares what I say.

Christine said...

Oh what fun! Always wanted to test a kit. Fun. Fun. Great post! I love when left comments on my blog. Now to check out that website!

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

You're so right :)

It brings a smile to my day when I see someone has left me a comment.

Lovely kit to work on - will look forward to your progress!

Helen Philipps said...

What a lovely gift, Rhona! And you are right, leaving comments on blogs can lead to all sorts of lovely things!
Have a happy weekend.
Helen x

demeter83 said...

Oh wow, isn't that generous! And such a beautiful kit, hope you enjoy stitching it!

Sara said...

What a nice surprise, can't wait to see some WIP pictures when you get started.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very nice review - and I appreciate your comment, too!

Lija Broka said...

A good choice for a project. Would love to cross stitch something like that myself. Can't wait to see the progress!