Monday, January 2, 2012

My fresh piece of aida!

I love the first few days of the new year...full of promise - like an artist's canvas waiting for the first brush strokes - or maybe that should be a fresh piece of aida waiting for the first stitches! So with that New Year enthusiasm and optimism I'm going to set forth some of my stitching goals for the year. I already have my new years resolutions pinned to the fridge...whether or not I keep them is a totally different story!

Anyway, in the words of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, you might want to get a 'hot beverage'  and make yourself comfortable while you read this post!

So...goals for the year..

1. Have a stock of stitched cards already made up for those unexpected occasions or forgotten birthdays. I'm thinking of making at least one card every month to make sure I always have a card at hand.

2. To stitch every day - even if it's only one length of thread!

3. (Not so much stitchy, more of a crafty goal. ) To spend one weekend a month crafting. I received some beautiful handmade Christmas gifts and have decided to make lots of my gifts for 2012. Not sure what I will be doing for this, but I will certainly keep you updated!

5. To be more organized in my blog reading! So many blogs...so little time!

And keeping goal Number 5, I have to send you to Sarah's blog where she is having a fantastic giveaway with a PIF...such a cute design too!

As for my stitching, I'm still working on the Dieter's Prayer (keeping goal number 2!) - trying to coincide its completion with the finishing of the Christmas goodies!

Here's the newest addition to my website...


I thought it fitted in with the New Year, new beginnings theme.  I stitched it on Fiddler's Light Oatmeal aida to give it a bit of an old-fashioned look. I'm contemplating stitching it again as a wedding gift as I think the words would be suitable - what do you think? 

Here's a close up of the border design...


The colours haven't shown true in the picture, they are more dusty lilac like the heather is in Scotland!




All the Christmas decorations are down and the house is back to normal, although we did seem to be missing a cat for a while....


Glad we didn't tape up the box!

Until next time...happy stitching!
Rhona

6 comments:

cucki said...

aww cute picture of the sweet kitty..kisses..
lovely celtic blessing stitching..
love for you dear xx

Karyn said...

Happy New Year Rhona!
Your goals are awesome and inspiring, and I love Celtic Blessing.
So glad you found the cat :)
Hugs
Ma

Lija Broka said...

Looked at your website ... love the fruit, coffee, and cake designs. Will need to make a decision about which I prefer.

Mouse said...

awwww the puss cat is adorable :) and think the chart would work lovely as a wedding one too :) love mouse xxxx

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

Oh that cat looks gorgeous. You seem to have made some good goals for the new year. Wish you well with them
x catherine

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Good luck with your goals :D I love that celtic blessing. I love celtic designs.