Sunday, May 13, 2012

More bits 'n' pieces!

Yet another week with very little stitching done! But at least I do have some things to show you....phew!

A few months ago I was asked by Craftseller magazine to design and make a little box that could be used by a bride as a wedding favor box. It had to be quick to stitch and not too big. Here's the box that I made and sent to them...


I can show you it because the magazine has now been published. Here's a picture of how it was presented in the magazine....


Craftseller Issue 11
June 2012
Immediate Media Company Ltd

While browsing through the magazine I was delighted to see fellow blogger Lori!
Here she is....


Congrats to Lori for a great write up in the mag. Pop on over to her blog and check out her amazing work. Her  toadstool cottages are sooooo adorable!

So....what have I been working on? . This is a DIY type alphabet designed with males in mind, but could easily be used for any female who is handy with a paintbrush, hammer, screwdriver etc. Some of us have to be as our hubby's are useless!!! Just don't tell him I said that!

Here's the sample I stitched...


I'm not sure what I'm going to make with this, but of course, whatever it is, you'll be the first to know!

And finally, here's a sneak peek at my newest design 


All will be revealed in time...... teehee!!

For those of you who are celebrating Mother's Day today....Happy Mother's Day, I hope you are being spoilt!

Until next time...happy stitching!
Rhona


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rhona

I love that little box, it's so sweet!

I'm intrigued to know what your next design is but I love those greens already!

Lija Broka said...

Your new design has great colours. Curious what it is!

Hippywitch said...

I saw your pretty box in Craftseller :-) Well done both of us then!

Why when I look at your new design do I think cocktail glass........might be wide of the mark or just have drink on the brain though, lol!

Lori xx

Valma said...

Wooo lovely box indeed, very cute
is your new design a cocktail glass ?? =D
Can't wait to see it :)
big hugs
xxxx

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Love the little box - very cute! The DIY alphabet is just perfect! I'm going to have to buy that one as you've used a spanner on the R & my son Robert is training as a mechanic! Have a great week :)
Helen x

mdgtjulie said...

Very nice, Rhona. I love the little box. It's too cute. And the colors in the sneak peek are wonderful. I love green!! Can't wait to see more. And grats on the finish. I wish I was handier around the house.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

wow gorgeous stitching:D

sheepies said...

i think i have done it now lol loving your work as always xxxx

♥ Nia said...

That little box is adorable!!! I love those colors =)
Hugs&smiles