Monday, May 21, 2012

TUSAL and other news!

Before I show you my ort jar, I want to show you why I got absolutely no stitching done over the weekend......(proud mama alert!!)....


My son graduated university! Like every Mum who's child graduates, I'm very, very proud of him. He graduated SUNY Plattsburgh with degrees in Criminal Justice and Anthropology and a minor in Political Science - hard to believe this was the kid who hated doing homework in high school!

Here we are together before the ceremony...

 And afterwards...



It just seems like yesterday that we were packing up the car and getting him settled into the dorms -  and I cried all the way home!!! lol Those four years have flown by!


Anyway, enough of the proud mama stuff  and onto the stitchy stuff!



Here's my ort jar for this month....


You can see some of those lovely bright greens that I was using for the Grain of Salt design. There might even be some of the geisha threads in there, but you would have to look very, very closely! I can't believe that it has been a month since I showed you any pictures of her. Sadly, there's really not much to show. She's a VSWIP... a Very Slow Work In Progress!   ;)


I'm hoping that since it's been so long since you saw her last you'll not notice just how little progress I have made! *hangs head in shame*



Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhona

Congrats to your son, you are right to be a proud mama! he looks very handsome in his outfit!

Great Tusal jar and the geisha is looking lovely!

Lija Broka said...

He looks very smart. My graduation is next month ... and I am hoping I will survive till then. Two exams, a diet, and a ball away. It seems years still away.
Received my World of Cross Stitching magazine today. Do like your tweeting alphabet. Good luck on the stitching. I like your geisha project, hopefully more progress to follow.

dulcinella said...

Congratulations to the proud mama and her smart son! Lovely pictures! The green color is very prominent in your jar:-) don't worry about not having stitched enough on your geisha. You can always return to her...

Terri said...

Congratulations to you both! You have a very handsome young man as your son and those pictures of the 2 of you are wonderful!

Margaret said...

Congratulations to the graduate and his mom! My DD is graduating in June as well. Doesn't the time fly? It's quite amazing!

Ruth S said...

Congrats to your son and the whole family! Rx

Cath said...

Lovely pictures . Congrats to your DS , you have every right to be proud .X

Sharon said...

Congratulations to your son! Awesome achievement!

Sharon said...

Congratulations to your son! Awesome achievement!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations you must be super proud!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!! And wonderful to showing the geisha again ;-))))). You did great on that one too ! Hang in there ;-) I'll continue cheering. By the way, I would love to know how you made that wonderful teapot for your friend in one of your earlier post. Would you care to make a tutorial? Would love to see that ;-). Happy stitching, Ann

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Congratulations - proud mummy moments never waste time xx

Carol said...

Congratulations to your son--I can see how proud you are of him in your wonderful smile :)

Anne said...

Aw Rhona! Congrats to your son on graduating! Such a monumental event! He looks very handsome in his gown and you very beautiful!! Lovely orts and great progress on your geisha gal!!

Hugs

mdgtjulie said...

Don't be ashamed Rhona. After all, progress is progress. And it's not like you haven't been busy in the meantime. Grats to your DS. He's a cutie!!

Stitching Noni said...

Congrats! What an amazing achievement - sounds like an awful lot of hard work and I can well understand how proud you all are of him!

Geisha is lovely, even if she is a VSWIP.

Fireflies & Cats in the Garden

Hippywitch said...

Well done to your son and you too, proud mama is allowed to be proud! They are some mighty degree subjects!
They are great photos too of you both.

Oh you can be forgiven for not much geisha progress at least it's a little bit so she's still growing if slowly :-)

Lori xx

Cheryl said...

Aww those are lovely pictures!

♥ Nia said...

Congratulations to your son!!! :D