Thursday, November 1, 2012

Organizing….again!



This organizing malarkey sure does take some time, but I’m getting things done, slowly….very slowly! My excuse reason for not getting it all done in one fell swoop is that, apart from the fact that I don’t have time to do it all in one go, I have to admit that I’d be too confused as to where things were! Well, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! Anyway, I managed to rummage through the old battered biscuit tin that held all my ‘not used very often’ threads – you know, the variegated, Madeira’s and the drive me crazy metallics.  I sorted them all out and purchased some stacking plastic containers that were the perfect size and this is what it looks like now…



There are still some random threads in the old biscuit tin, along with some buttons beads and charms, but my little old brain can’t cope with too much change at once. So…baby steps!

Anyway, did you notice all those metallic threads in the middle container?  Some of these were used for this….

 The World of Cross Stitching 
Issue196
Immediate Media Co


…an article in The World of Cross Stitching magazine.  Ruth, the editor, asked me to write an article about metallic threads as it was getting to that time of the year when all our stitching begins to include that all important festive sparkle. The free gift with the magazine that issue was two sets of metallic threads along with a free chart booklet. Ruth very kindly mailed me some samples of the different threads to play with ahem, I mean, do some research on….it’s a tough job, but someone had to do it.*wink, wink* So my collection of metallic threads increased with some new and untried threads. It was great fun hard work to try out these different threads and I was really surprised at the differences in the threads. Some of them were a joy to stitch with…yes, I actually said that! Me, that normally runs a mile at the thought of stitching with metallic, actually enjoyed stitching with them! Who would have thought that?!!

So I guess the moral of the story is to try out different types of metallic threads till you find the one you like to work with, and since adding to your stash is always fun, it’s win/win situation.

Until next time…happy stitching (even with metallics!)

Rhona

8 comments:

Monique said...

Wow congrats on being in a mag again. Pity I can't get that mag as it looks like your article would be an interesting read.

cucki said...

Wow congratulations dear xxx

♥ Nia said...

Ohh! I will read your article for sure :D
Congrats!!

Valma said...

I got he metallic threads with the magazine =D
It's not always easy to stitch with those kind of threads :-/
When I read your article, I said hubby 'hey look, this girl is one of my blog friends' hehehehe, so proud I was =D
xxxx

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Hi Dear
I love metallic threads
... I'm running to buy the magazine :)
ciao Giovanna

Alissa said...

Congrats on the mag! That's awesome!!!

Lija Broka said...

Congratulations on appearing in a magazine again! I think I have this article somewhere to read through still. Exciting new organisation boxes.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

It's good to leave some work to do tomorrow :D I just got my copy of that magazine! great article.