Monday, March 4, 2013

Great little gifts!


I'm still working on my secret stitching and trying to keep it secret means that I can't show you any pictures of it yet, but will be able to show it next week....finally! Yayyyy.

I thought that today I would how you some key rings that I made for Craftseller magazine. I made these a while ago, but of course I couldn't show you them until the magazine had been published.


These are so simple to make and are great for last minute gifts.....Mother's day will be here soon (for those in the UK anyway!) ...and don't forget Father's day later on in the year!

Here's how they were shown in the magazine...

Craftseller issue 19
Immediate Media Co.

Each key ring is made the same way, but they look quite different by simply using different threads or by adding buttons or charms. All you need is some felt and  a key ring (split ring)....and of course, your cross stitch design!

Here's the basic key ring all in shades of blue.


And here's a close up of the brown felt key ring. I used a blue/green variegated thread on this one which I think worked really well. I loved the colour transition on the blanket stitch edges. It's exactly the same stitch as the previous key ring, but looks so different!


I decided to add a little charm to the pink key ring just to dress it up a little. Isn't that cute?


The backs are plain with only the blanket stitch for decoration.....I did say they were quick to make!


Of course, you don't have to use letters to decorate the key rings, any small motif would work. Think of all the possibilities!

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time...happy stitching!


Rhona



12 comments:

Preeti said...

They are cute !:) thanks for sharing!
I wanted to make a tag kind of thing, this has given me an idea. Did you glue the cross stitch patch on the felt ?

Ariadne said...

They look so lovely and so easy!AriadnefromGreece!

cucki said...

they are truly so pretty.
thank you for sharing x

Deborah Schander said...

Such an easy, cute project. Thanks for sharing!

Pull the other thread said...

Oh these are so super cute. I love them.

Rebekah said...

How cute!

Faith... said...

Love them Rhona - they are adorable!

Shami Immanuel said...

Cute one. I am following you now.

www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

another great idea - love the thread you used on the black tag - hugs Amanda

♥ Nia said...

lovely =)

Valma said...

I love them
a very good idea to put on my to do list =)
cute cute cute =)
xxx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

aww those keyrings are gorgeous! I can see those working with the penguin alphabet!