Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tusal and other musings.

Thank heavens that other bloggers are organized and posted their ort jars for this month......I was totally oblivious that another month has been scored off the calendar and it was ort time again! True to form (sadly) there are few orts in the jar, but I console myself with the fact that 'some' is better than none! Here's my rather sad looking collection for this month...



Even my pathetic attempt of photographing it from above still did not give the illusion of there being lots of threads in the jar. Ah well....there's always next month!

So the rather meager amount of threads is reflected in the meager amount of stitching accomplished this month, although I do feel that I am making progress so that's good! 


My original plan was to stitch the seahorse last, but I succumbed to his charm and ended up stitching him,  he was just too darn cute not to stitch! 

And in true Blue Peter style (does that show my age?), here's something I made earlier....



......and here it is in the magazine....

Craftseller Issue 25
Immediate Media Co.

This is in Craftseller issue 25. The postie delivered my Craftseller magazine and I have to say that I LOVE the new look of the magazine! The team  have done a fabulous job on all the changes. 

I used Monks Cloth to get those really big stitches....


And apart from the fact that it frayed quite a bit, it was a lovely soft fabric to work with. I enjoyed working with it so much that I'm tempted to make a set of cushions for myself!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful update, love the colors

butterfly said...

Love your seaside stitching and the heart pillow.

Mii Stitch said...

Rhona I LOVE that cushion!!! Fantastic! Great progress on your wip too xox

cucki said...

Lovely orts and sweet stitches :)
*•*

Helen Philipps said...

Love your pretty heart cushion, Rhona, and a set would look lovely. Wishing you a happy July!
Helen x

♥ Nia said...

Your stitching looks so happy and joyful! Great summer colors :D

I love the heart pillow!! As we say in portuguese: simplicity at its best :) (does this sentence make any sense in english? heheheh) Simple and beautiful =)

Anne said...

Love your heart pillow Rhona! That monks cloth is pretty cool!

Bonnie Brown said...

great TUSAL pic

Love the pillow

Wendy said...

I saw this cushion in the mag and loved it! Great work!