Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mega Mini Month Madness number 4

This week, I went from this....


....and this...


...and made this...



Yup, this is the year that I'm finally going to be organized for Christmas! Woohoo!



All those craft ideas that I have for Christmas? They're in my planner.
That 'must stitch' design....that's in my planner too (along with a note of the threads that I need to buy!)
And that new recipe I want to try....yup, that's in the planner, along with a list of the ingredients so that I don't get home and realize that I am missing the one crucial ingredient !

I had seen quite a few Christmas planners on Pinterest and decided that was what I needed to keep me organized, but they were all made using three ring binders. I have nothing against three ring binders...they're great for holding recipe pages torn from magazines, cross stitch charts, and you can find plenty of free printable pages....but they are rather cumbersome to be carrying with you to the supermarket or to the mall! :) I wanted something that I could pop into my bag and see all the lists I had made and scribble notes inside etc.  Then when visiting the lovely, and very talented, Helen Phillips blog I saw that she had made a Christmas memories book using a spiral bound journal which you can see here.   Bingo...the perfect solution!

So here's a better picture of the planner, which was just made by covering the original notebook with some fancy Christmas papers and, of course, my stitching!



I even covered the inside page!


Not too much layering of paper, so it was quite quick to make.



Can't forget the back!



Just have to make sure I have a pen in my handbag!



Roll on Christmas!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


20 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwww its so beautiful..
hugs x

Amber said...

looks amazing!

Mii Stitch said...

Fabulous!! What a handy and sweet finish :) Love your stitching on it too!

Pull the other thread said...

What a great idea and love that you did something so different with your mini! Well done. I love it :)

Brita said...

Love it! Such a great idea and so simple to make really.

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Oh it looks perfect!AriadnefromGreece!

butterfly said...

Looks great , and will be so useful for you.

Bonnie Brown said...

Great idea!
Looks awesome!

Rachel Tomkins said...

What a great idea and completed early enough to be of use for actually planning Christmas! Just remember to take that and the pen with you everywhere you go! :)

Linda said...

It turned out great Rhona.

Linda

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Wow that's gorgeous!

Blu said...

Wow! That looks amazing!

Anne said...

Rhona, it looks amazing! So very clever of you and a great way to stay organized!!

Preeti said...

Wow!! That's a great finish !! Perfect !

Helen Philipps said...

Your Christmas Planner is beautiful, Rhona! Such a good idea and I love your stitched design, decorative papers and colours.....and thank you so much for the sweet mention and link to me too :)
Wishing you a happy week.
Helen xox

Wendy said...

what a great idea. Every year I tell myself i'm going to have a Christmas planner... maybe one year!

Love the stitching, and you whipped it up so fast!

Thoeria said...

What a beautiful and practical piece Rhona!

Michelle said...

That is absolutely stunning!

Shebafudge said...

Lovely! It looks brilliant!

♥ Nia said...

Fantastic! Very creative :)