Monday, April 13, 2015

Working on my Ph D :)

Yup, lots of hard work to get through my PhD ......projects half done ! 

I have a rather large pile of stitching that is completed but not 'finished'. The pile keeps getting bigger and bigger, and the bigger the pile gets the less inclined I and to do anything about it (apart form ignoring it!) So, a while ago I made a list of everything in the dreaded pile and how I wanted to finish each of them. It was awful! There was just soooo much to be done that it was off-putting. And that's just what I did....put it off and did nothing....sound familiar? Anyway, last week I looked at the pile on my desk and, apart from feeling a bit guilty, realized that some of the projects really wouldn't take too long to complete, so I decided that last week I would finish two of these projects....any two, it didn't matter what they were, how long they had been sitting there....they would be finished. And I did it....I finished two of the PhD's....yayyy me!

So here's what I finished.....

...first of all, a mug rug that only needed only a few little bits added and some blanket stitch edging....



....why oh why didn't I do this ages ago....it didn't take long at all...


...and now I have someplace for my cuppa and biscuit! OK, the biscuit is gone... I was peckish...what can I say? :)

And remember the book mark I stitched last week? Well, the stitching took only a few nights and since I was in the middle of a good book without any way of keeping my place, out came the scissors and some felt....



...nothing fancy....just trimmed and attached to some lilac felt...and then put to good use!


Wow....I feel so productive....must be the spring air!

And as for Twilight Fairy? She hasn't been neglected either!  Told you I had been productive :) This is where I was with her last time I posted a picture....



....and this is her now...


Stitching all the black was a bit of a chore, but it has to be done!

So my goal for this week is to finish at least one more of my PhD's as well as working some more on Twilight Fairy. 

I WILL conquer my projects half done.....I'm feeling determined.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

16 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your mug rug, and the blue fairy wow , beautiful
Happy stitching days hugs.

Pull the other thread said...

Well done on settling down to finishing off some of those projects, it's a great feeling. Absolutely love both your finishes, the mug rug is great. Love your stitching progress as well.

Ariadne said...

What beautiful projects finished or going on! I should make a mug rug too!It looks easy enough!The moon fairy though muct be very difficult on dark fabric!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Lovely finishes and stitching Rhona.

Linda

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

So many awesome finishes. Something must be in the air :-D

Fiona said...

Lovely work Rhona :) good luck working on your 'PhD' (love that phrase to!)

Rachel said...

I love your PhD acronym and am glad that your PhD pile is decreasing. You have a couple of really nice finishes and have made great progress on Twilight Fairy. Be proud and I think you're right - it must be the spring air! :)

Weronika said...

Wonderful finishes Rhona.

Mii Stitch said...

YOur mug rug is just felt-abulous!! (Sorry!) and love the fairy stitching too :)

Justine said...

I love your mug rug and bookmark and I'm laughing at the idea of a PhD pile. We should call you Dr Rhona when it's finished!
Your Twilight Fairy is very beautiful.

Preeti said...

Beautiful finishes!! Great progress on your twilight fairy.

Faith... said...

Congrats on two finishes! The Fairy is very pretty.

Helen Philipps said...

Wonderful work on your PhD, Rhona! I love the colourful mug rug and book mark, they are both very pretty. And well done on all the extra stitching on the twilight fairy too :)
Happy weekend!
Helen xox

Le trame della Galaverna said...

All is so beautiful.
I love fairy, she is very romantic.

♥ Nia said...

PhD! LOL!!! ;) Well done :D
Loveeeee your Twilight Fairy =)

Steph said...

Your mug rug is so pretty and your bookmark too. Twilight fairy is stunning.xox