Monday, June 1, 2015

PIZL's

I've got pizl's. 

Don't worry, I'm not sick and it's not contagious...well it might be contagious but you probably already have it....sorry!

Don't know what pizl's is?

Neither did I until a few days ago! I was at my local craft store looking at the rather pitiful amount of cross stitch kits they had for sale. The same kits seem to have been on the shelves forever....never any new designs.....so sad. Anyway, there were two older ladies looking at the kits and they also seemed to be a bit disappointed with the selection on offer. Their conversation went a bit like this...

First old lady (pointing to one of the kits) 'What about this one?'

Second old lady  (shaking her head)' 'No, that's a pizl'

First old lady (pointing to another one of the kits) 'What about this one?'

Second old lady  'No, that's a pizl'

First old lady (pointing to  a different kit) 'Well, what about this one?'

Second old lady   'No, that's also pizl'

First old lady (pointing to yet another one of the kits) 'What about this one?'

Second old lady  'Nope. That's a pizl'

First old lady (still pointing at kits) 'This one?'

Second old lady  'No. That one would end up as a pizl'

By this time I was really confused and rather curious. I don't normally go up and talk to strangers but I had to know what on earth a pizl was.  So, I asked....and found out.

So....do you want to know what a pizl is?

It's this....




Projects In Zip Locks.

You've got them too...right?!! Heehee, gotta love old lady stitchers! :)

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona






15 comments:

Keebles said...

That's hilarious! And I share your disgust...I literally see the same kits in my local Hobby Lobby that have been there since I was in high school, almost 30 years ago! Granted, some have been repackaged, but they are the same kits.

Heather said...

Lol I'm happy to say I have no PIZLs! All my thread is in a binder and my fabric is all stashed in the long rolls I bought them in after I dyed them and my patterns are all on my computer. It'll probably come back to bite me in the butt with dye lots but that's okay if there's that much of a difference I'll just buy new thread.

Shebafudge said...

Haha...I love it! What a brilliant new acronym. xx

Joysze said...

PIZL!!!! LOLOL!!!

gominam said...

Haha, that was a really funny one. No pizls for me, for now, lol.

Katie said...

Never heard of that but yep I have a few haha.

Linda said...

Love it and I have over 200 PIZL's.

Linda

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

It's such an awesome thought. Though mine are usually in pencil cases but it's the same thought.

Preeti said...

Haha.....I have PIZLs too and also PIZBs - Projects in Zipper Bags :)

Mii Stitch said...

That's a new one for me but absolutely love it!!
Yes, I agree, my LNS is a chain store called Hobby Crafts (I guess a bit like Hobby Lobby).... it's full of everything & nothing!!
Best shopping online now :)

Angela CG said...

That is so funny!! I to have PIZL's along with a couple hanging around outside of their bags waiting on their turn to be stitched. Thank you for sharing your story.

Justine said...

Yep I've got PIZLs too! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

♥ Nia said...

Hahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahahahahah :D
Didn't you laugh out loud when they said what it means?!! Oh my! Crying over here hahahahahahaha :D :D :D

Helen Philipps said...

Sew funny!! Now I know what a pilzl is I realise I have them too,
Helen xox

Beedeebabee said...

So that's what it called!!! Yep, I've got it too! How funny...thanks for the giggles! xo