Monday, September 21, 2015

Christmas stitching

I have been reliably informed by a rather smug very organized friend (who has already started her Christmas shopping!) that there are less than 100 days until Christmas....YIKES!!!

Sooo...even although we are still basking in the sun (yayy!), it's probably time to start at least thinking about Christmas stitching.

Using a small Christmas motif I decided to start with making some things to decorate the house at Christmas.  Using an old jam jar, some coloured wire and ribbon here's what I made...





...an adorable little candle holder!




 ...I think a few of these across the mantle piece at Christmas time will look  great....



...and the Epsom salts to hold the candle in place looks like snow and sparkles wonderfully when the candle is lit.




If it wasn't quite so warm and sunny, I could almost get into the Christmas spirit! :)


Hope you like my little Christmas candle holder....pop back later in the week as I'll be posting the chart of the holly motif for you to print off and use.

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

12 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

So lovely and very cute
You had a great idea

Katie said...

Oh beautiful!

Preeti said...

It's beautiful!! I always like new ways of finishing cross stitch pieces:)

Smily - Света said...

So nice and cute - it's never too early for Christmas ideas

Heather said...

Very cute :)

Justine said...

What a sweet idea! At first I thought the jars were full of greenery - I think they would look great mixed up with candles in some and greenery in others. Thank you Rhona for offering the chart, I'm going to start saving jars for these!

Shami Immanuel said...

Cute finish.

Mii Stitch said...

Clever! It looks lovely as well :)

Wendy said...

That is such a lovely decoration! I can't bring myself to think about Christmas until December, but it's a low-key affair at our house anyway

barbara woods said...

love it

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Ooo pretty jar! I love it!

Steph said...

That is very pretty. XOX