Monday, December 5, 2016

Almost a finished block!

Well I didn't manage to complete a tea block this week. I guess it was bound to happen.....I think I probably exhausted that turbo charged needle of mine!


The block is almost completed....


...another couple of evenings and the back stitching will be finished. 

And I realized that I haven't posted a picture of how the whole sampler look so far.....so here it is....


 ...of course, it's a bit wrinkled as I am one of those people who takes their stitching off the frame to do the back stitch and I have to crumple the fabric to be able to hold it.....it kind of un-does all the good work of having it on a fame while stitching! Rest assured it will be washed and ironed once it's all finished.

I also managed to (finally!) make some cards with some old stitching.....


....nothing too fancy but cute and perfect for some last minute birthday cards for a set of twins. Now that the paper crafting stuff is out I guess I should make an effort to get some more cards made....I do have *one or two* pieces of stitching waiting to be finished. 


Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

13 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Wow is a great work
Many compliments

Kate said...

I like how you finished your cards and your tea sampler is a beauty.

Preeti said...

Your tea sampler is looking pretty !! I have the same free gift kokeshi dolls cards that I got with the magazine. They look lovely after stitching, I will try too.

Shami Immanuel said...

The sampler looks beautiful. Cards are cute.

Pull the other thread said...

So in love with this tea sampler, your stitching is amazing as always. Love the two cards you made, they are so cute. Best of luck with finishing up some more, look forward to seeing the results.

Justine said...

Your tea sampler looks fabulous! Such a good balance between the blocks if that makes sense. They would make lovely cards too if you stitched a single block. This and the coffee one are on my must-have list!
Sweet cards too, very useful to have them ready!

Mini said...

I love making cards ..gives the instant satisfaction of finishing a piece.

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful work on the tea sampler & sweet Kokeshi dolls cards finishes :)

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Love the card finishes. Too cute!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're doing great! The whole piece looks lovely.
The Kokeshi are super too.

Brigitte said...

Your tea sampler looks wonderful. And a great idea to use some older stitching for cards. It's always good to have some of these birthday cards in stock.

gominam said...

Love seeing the whole masterpiece, so grand! I'm in awe just thinking of all the backstitch it entails. You're a fast and wonderful stitcher:)

Heather said...

Lovely progress I love the full piece!