Monday, June 5, 2017

Cats and cake!


Cats and cake ....what a wonderful combination! The cats I'm talking about are the cute Margaret Sherry kitties...


I've managed to get a bit more of them done, although not as much as I would have liked but it's all my fault! I normally watch tv while I stitch and tend to 'listen' to a film or show.....I'm sure many of you do the same thing.  But at the moment I have been watching the ice hockey and you really can't just listen to that on the tv.....it's something you have to watch....especially when your team is in the finals :) So my stitching has been confined to the short breaks between periods.

The back stitching is bringing these delightful kitties to life.....


And since the kitties have to be completed before the end of this month, the Tea and cakes SAL has been put to the side, but I did manage to add part of the next cake as I just couldn't resist....you know how it is!  :)


This stitch along is such fun and you can find the free SAL design here, the designer is Durene Jones who has an etsy store where you can find lots of her wonderful designs and Lakeside Needlecraft's web page can be found here.  My apologies if your credit card gets used after looking at these links :)

So here's to more cats and cake....and ice hockey!

Until next time .....happy stitching!

Rhona

15 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Rhona, Your Margaret Sherry kitties are so adorable!!! The backstitching is really making them pop of the fabric. I am still in love with that tea and cakes stitch-a-long. I wish there were more hours in a day. I'll have to check out the SAL and see if I can save the patterns for a later date. Thanks for sharing all your lovely updates. --Andrea

Kay said...

I have this Margaret sherry design put away to stitch one day. Yours is looking lovely, I don't really enjoy doing backstitch but it does do wonders for the design x

Katie said...

Two great projects. Beautiful progress.

Mary said...

The kitties are delightful! I hope your team wins!! Mary

Preeti said...

Your MS stitching is so cute :) How to you hold the large Qsnap frame in hand while stitching ?

butterfly said...


Lovely stitching , so cute .

Mini said...

Both the kitties and cakes are cute.

blue star stitcher said...

What a difference the back-stitching makes, the grey kitties face and whiskers are so cute! I have seen the cakes SAL on FB, and some of the stitchers have added beads and sparkly threads to their cakes, it's fun to see the differences.

Mii Stitch said...

Love MS's designs! They are always so cute.
Great stitching on the SAL too.

RJ said...

Rhona I love how your kitties came out. They are adorable. And the cakes are looking great too. Great stitching. RJ @stitching friends forever

cucki said...

Love the MS design..it is always so cute
Love your sal
Sending you hugs x

Anonymous said...

Those kitties are too adorable, and you are right, the back stitching is really bringing them to life. I can't wait to see it finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love those cats in cups, such fun!
I liked the first two blocks of the SAL but not the tea and cake lettering so much. I like a script rather than blocky letters. It's still very pretty though.

Astrids dragon said...

Your kitties are looking fabulous! There is something to be said for back stitching.
And the cakes, so tempting!

Stitching Noni said...

You can't go wrong with tea, cakes and kitties! I am collecting the tea & cakes SAL to do later in the year - have one or two other SALs to keep up with at the moment!! :o)