Monday, July 10, 2017

Bits 'n' pieces!

It's been a bits and pieces kind of week......I've been working on a few different things...some have gone well....others, not so well!

First of all I decided to pull out Etudes aux Fraises before it had too much dust on it! 


Now that I'm back working on this I'm glad it didn't become a UFO....


...sometimes smaller projects have a habit of creeping in and then taking over!

And speaking of smaller projects...


...another free kit that I decided to stitch as I have a few birthdays coming up in the next few months and have used all my stash of stitched cards....


I just need to get out the double sided tape and this was can be called finished! Yayyy.

The Tea and Cakes free SAL has been driving me crazy.....and it has nothing to do with Durene Jones, the designer, or  Lakeside Needlecrafts who are very kindly providing the charts......it's me! I wasn't too keen on the 3rd and 4th block because of the lettering so I decided to go through some old cross stitch magazines to find some other Durene Jones designs that would fit into the blocks......how hard would it be to find something? Ha....let me tell you....nearly impossible! I did find one design by Durene that with a little bit of manipulation would have fitted, but once I had started stitching it, I decided that I didn't really like it with the rest of the blocks....so I had to frog ...grrr.

So after more unsuccessful searching I decided to just stitch the design as Durene had intended.....


....I'm still not too happy with the lettering....


....I think I can hear the frog croaking somewhere....think he might be visiting me again tonight! Sigh.


And finally another little finish....but not cross stitch...


My daughter's friend is expecting a baby girl next month, so this cute little sea critter was just begging to be crocheted! There are some other little sea creature friends to make a little set so I have the feeling the crochet hook will be quite busy over the next few weeks.

Since the frog seems to be having an extended stay at my house, I hope that your stitching is going well!


Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona 

14 comments:

Kate said...

Teddy with the butterflly is adorable and I love your strawberries!

Unknown said...

Love your bear it's so cute and the pick octopus.

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching and a cute finish!:) The tea and cake looks lovely. You may just add the flowers from one of the blocks in place of lettering. But you are a designer, won't give up :D

Mini said...

Lovely progress on all the projects. Oh it is hard to find a single right thing when needed even if we have tons of patterns..ha ha

The crocheted sea creature is lovely.

butterfly said...


Love every one of your UfOs ,so pretty the little teddy and the cute little baby gift.

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful update on the strawberries and I LOVE THE PINK OCTOPUS!!!! So cute!!! Baby will be happy with it, for sure ;)

Karyn said...

Your stitching is all so gorgeous, and you inspire me to pick up my UFOs. Tea Cakes is so pretty, what a fun design...I can't wait to watch your progress.
That Octopus is adorable and makes me smile, because it the cutest thing I have ever seen! Your daughter's friend is going to flip when she receives it...and not to be pushy but I can't wait to see any little friends who show up.
I am sending positive thoughts that the darn frog goes far far away from your house...I have been battling one of my own so I know how you feel...I have floss fuzz than stitches.
Have a great day
Hugs

Irene said...

Oh Rhona, il polipo รจ bellissimo!! Io ho ricamato tutto il SAL di Durene Jones ma non so come finirlo

StitchyDragon Creates said...

The strawberries are such a pretty design I'm glad it's avoided becoming a UFO! Your little bear will make a sweet card, and that octopus is very cute! Your SAL looks lovely but I know how it is when something just isn't sitting right with you about a project and how much it whizzes round your brain while you're trying to sort it out! Wishing for a speedy resolution to this for you and hoping Mr Frog hops on from your house soon - just please don't send him in my direction ;-) Have a lovely week,
Helen

Justine said...

I love those strawberries! They are so beautiful and I think you were right to go for the white aida, it doesn't detract from the gorgeous stitching!
Love that cute octopus too.

I gave up on my Tea and Cakes as I didn't like the second block - I don't regret it even when yours looks so good!

Carol said...

I just love that strawberry piece--so glad you are finishing it up! And the pretty pink octopus is such fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The strawberries are just gorgeous, so artistic.
Your mini cupcakes look divine too, so many people struggled with them but your's look perfect!
The octopus is so cute too, what a great cuddly toy for a marine themed nursery.

Pull the other thread said...

Love all your stitching, sorry to hear your trouble with the tea & cake SAL that is a shame. Adore that super cute octopus!

Mary said...

The strawberries are so realistic!! Lovely stitching and the octopus is darling.