Monday, October 2, 2017

Slow progress this week!


My weekend plan of doing nothing but stitching didn't happen. Instead of just stitching, my weekend comprised of some good things (shopping trip with my daughter) and some not so good things (having to take a good friend to A & E). 

So only a few hours have been spent on the strawberry design, so my hope of having all the cross stitching done didn't come to fruition. Here's where I'm at...


....sooooo close to having it completed....just that little gap in the middle of the design....


There's just a bit more of the leaf to do, a strawberry and some of the more stems....and of course, the back stitching!

I would like to think that I'll have all the cross stitching done by next post, but I don't want to jinx myself :)

Hope you're having a more productive time than I am!!!
Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

12 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So close! It does look gorgeous, I love the pencil-effect of the grey thread.

Katie said...

Sometimes the best plans fall through. But sounds like you were needed elsewhere. Beautiful progress. Good luck getting it finished up.

Bea said...

It's beautiful! And you're close, so the finish will be soon.

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Best laid plans huh?! Hope your friend is ok now? You’re so tantalisingly close to a finish on this beautiful design - hope your week goes smoothly with lots of stitchy time!
Helen

Justine said...

Gorgeous! It seems to have come to a near finish very suddenly.

butterfly said...

Almost there , and it's looking amazing .
I could almost eat the strawberries .
Have a good week.

butterfly said...


Just sent one comment not sure where it went maybe outer space.

Your work is amazing love it.

Mii Stitch said...

It is so pretty! I'm sure your next post will be sharing a finish ;)

Irene said...

รจ meraviglioso Rhona, quasi finito!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Tantalisingly close to the end now! Looking great!
Jillxo

Quiltingwonni said...

Wow, it's a great projekt!
Looking fantastic!
regards
Yvonne

Helen Philipps said...

Looking lovely...and nearly done! Hope you get more time on it soon....but sometimes life just gets in the way! xox