Monday, January 8, 2018

My first finish of 2018!

Let's hope it's the first of many for this year! So here it is, the dragon stitching for my daughters professor.....


The chart is called Tales of Wonder and is designed by Jennifer L. Aikman-Smith. The chart can be found free hereI changed the lettering from the original chart and also the dragon that was on the bottom - I wanted a larger dragon, so I used one of the other free charts that were available by this designer.


Now I just have to find some bell pull hardware (not as easy as I had thought!) and then it's completely done and ready to gift....what a great feeling.

I manged to spend one evening stitching on the blue birds design...


Not an awful lot of progress (I was watching the ice hockey on the TV at the same time) but at least it's not gathering dust.....yet! Those blues are beginning to get to me ;)

And as if I don't have enough stitching to be getting on with without starting something new, I started a new crochet project! I just couldn't help myself.....


My hubby got me a crochet book for Christmas and the projects in it are just so darn cute! The book is called Crocheted Sea Creatures by Vanessa Mooncie. I've started on the shark as I thought that might be a bit one of the easier projects to tackle. There's a cute puffer fish that I wanted to do, but the instructions seemed a bit complicated and I wanted something a bit easier to build my confidence!  I'm excited to pick up the crochet hook and get more done on this shark. Let's hope it doesn't prove too difficult for me to finish.

Anyway, that's all I have to share with you today, thanks for stopping by.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona




12 comments:

Justine said...

What a lovely finish Rhona. I'm sure your daughter's professor will love it. The bluebirds are so pretty but I can imagine you need a change from the blues!

Unknown said...

Well done on your finish, I love dragons. Your bluebirds one looks pretty can't wait to see more.

Rachel said...

I love your changes to the beautiful Tales of Wonder. I've stitched five of her free chart dragons and now might have to add this one to my list too! I hope you show the Bell Pull when it's made up. :)

Mini said...

Lovely finish. I love the colors in the blue birds and your crochet project.

Katie said...

What a beautiful finish. Love the changes you made with the larger dragon. Beautiful progress on the blue birds. Already looks so realistic. Oh I love the crochet you are working on. I would have no idea where to even start so I'll just admire your work.

Mii Stitch said...

Well done on your finish!!! I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the blue bird project, it looks so pretty.

Irene said...

che belli Rhona, mi piace tantissimo il drago

Preeti said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish! The blue bird and crochet project both are looking lovely :)

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Ooooh I love your version of Tales of Wonder! I stitched this many moons ago but was a bit disappointed the dragon was so small, this was back when I would never have thought to alter a chart. I hope you find your bell pulls, they can be tricky to track down! Your little blue birds are cute, looking forward to seeing them progress. Good luck with you crocheted shark - I'm sure you can do it! Happy stitching (and go Penguins?!)
Helen

Pyros & Patch said...

It is very nice!! Happy crochet !! Best...
Carmela

RJ said...

Rhona, I think the professor will love your stitch of the dragon. And I love your start on the bluebird stitch. I have a crocheted alligator that one of the students made for me. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on your first finish for the year! :D
Curious to see more on your last project!! I'm sure it will turn out too cute =)))))