Monday, September 17, 2018

No speedy stitching this week!

I think I have exhausted that speedy needle that I was working with last week....this weeks progress is quite a bit less than last week's, but hey-ho....progress is progress.....


I managed to complete a bit more of the border and finished the shell on the top left hand side...


And a third shell is beginning to emerge! 

I also pulled out one of my UFO's and managed to finish it....


It's been so long since I worked on this blanket that I couldn't even remember the pattern....how bad is that?!!! I thought I had pinned the pattern on my Pinterest page but it wasn't there (although I did find some other wonderful projects that I had forgotten about - that to-do list just became much longer!). In the end I had to track back on my blog to find out the source of the pattern - and to my horror, I realized that I started this blanket in January (hangs head in shame) The pattern can be found here and the yarn that I used was Bernat Pop in the colour Blue Blaze.....such pretty colours, don't you think?


Another reason I didn't progress much with the seashell stitching is that I was out with my camera, snapping at the last of the summer dragonflies...

  
...the light was just perfect and the dragonflies were quite happy to pose for me...


Now it's time to get back to those seashells!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Bellissimo

Sasha said...

Every tiny bit helps!
I love the colors used in that blanket! Very awesome!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Love the colours in your blanket :) I’m always starting things, forgetting about them and then having no clue which pattern, book, magazine, or hook I was using! Your seashell cross stitch is gorgeous. I hate doing borders - yawn - but yours looks fab.
Jillxo

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

So bizarre - I have just read another blogpost with the exact same yarn as your blanket - what are the chances! It’s here if you fancy a read - http://www.thistlebearhome.com/2018/09/a-crocheted-poncho.html?showComment=1537219399062&m=1#c5645874369587037437

Shami Immanuel said...

Sea shells r beautiful. Color of the blanket is pleasing and the pattern too.

Mary said...

Rhone, I love your seashell stitch so much, if it wasn't so stitch heavy I would stitch it myself. Love the vintage look to it. YOur blanket is lovely, finished just in time for the cooler weather. Such pretty blues too. Neat shots of the dragonflies.

FlashinScissors said...

Your stitching is lovely!
Pretty dragonflies .... quite different from ours! And, what a coincidence I was out snapping ours too!
Barbara xx

RJ said...

Your seashell stitch is beautiful Rhona. You are doing a wonderful job with this pattern. The colors and the design are so lovely. Your blanket is looking so pretty...love the colors. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Irene said...

adoro le conchiglie! Sta venendo benissimo

Preeti said...

Good progress on your stitching! I wonder how your fabric is always neat, mine is all wrinkles while in progress. The shades of your blanket are lovely:) I have many times forgotten which size hooks I had used in my hibernating WIPs.

Ariadne said...

Love the dragonflies. I spotted lots of red ones this summer.AriadnefromGreece!

Unknown said...

Great progress on your shell stitch since the last time I looked on your blog. Happy stitching!!