Monday, September 24, 2018

Oh dear!

I'm at that stage in a project when I'm beginning to think about starting something new.......does that happen to anyone else? I'm more than half way with the stitching of the seashells designs (I'm not even thinking about all the back stitching that has to be done!) so really I should have my sights set firmly on finishing off this project....but no....I can feel my fingers itching to start a new design.

This week I worked on finishing more of the border design, which is a bit boring but great to do when you are binge watching something on Netflix as it doesn't require too much concentration...


And with these before and after pics you can see my progress. This is from last week....


...and here's this week's picture...


Now I just have to concentrate on finishing this off and not get distracted by a new project.....wish me luck!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

8 comments:

RJ said...

Rhona, your seashells are gorgeous. It is probably the tedious sections that make you want to start something else but keep going as it is going to be a beauty. I love it. Great design and such lovely colors. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Sasha said...

I am the same way! Since I tend to gravitate toward large projects, though, I usually get about 10% into a project before the itch to start something new pops up.
I even had a new start over this weekend (luckily it's pretty small)!

Vanessa said...

Sei davvero veloce

Katie said...

Yes I do that a lot which is why I have 75 WIPs haha. Beautiful progress though.

Manuela said...

Looks beautiful and wonderful progress.

Mary said...

Yes, I know the feeling well. I will cheer you on to finish your project. You have made a lot of progress and is very pretty.

Preeti said...

It's looking lovely! I always think about what next even when I am 25% done with the current project. And that includes crochet as well and if I happen to see some other crafting ideas then that adds upto more distraction. I forcefully completed my recent table runner otherwise there was so much of weaving-ins for the motifs to put off for some time. You can very well complete your project. Your Friday finds will help you satisfy your itch for new starts till then:)

Unknown said...

The Seashell project is looking great - keep going. However, I am the same - so I've devised a way to help me concentrate - I do a large project but make sure I start a small project as well and divide my time between the two. It seems to work for me.