Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The trouble with three day weekends....

....is that you get all mixed up with the days....Monday feels like Sunday....and today feels like Monday to me!

Anyway, on to the stitching news. I did manage to get the wedding sampler finished but in my haste I forgot to take progress pictures. We were literally walking out the door to go to the wedding when I remembered that I hadn't taken any pictures. Luckily the gifts were in a gift bag and not wrapped up, so it wasn't too hard to grab the sampler and very quickly snap some pictures. The light wasn't very good but we didn't want to be late for the ceremony so it was a case of 'anything is better than nothing' when it came to pictures....



......since I wasn't sure what style of frame the couple would like I opted for a plain black with a cream matt/mount.....



I changed some of the colours (again!) on the stitching. I used a darker pink in the border swirls and was much happier that it showed up a bit more. I also changed the colour of the 'happily ever after' from black to a dark grey. The border stitching was done in two strands of silver metallic with one strand of pale grey, but the slight sparkle doesn't show up on my hastily taken pictures! I also altered the lettering style for the names and the date, the style supplied in the chart looked a bit too small in my opinion 😃

Here are the kit details...

Dimensions # 65045  Happily Ever After Wedding Record.
Finished size 5x7 inches
14 count ivory aida


The colours came out significantly darker than in the kit picture.......




 If I were going to stitch this design again (and I might do, as I think it's a nice design for quick wedding sampler) I would choose the paler version of the colours. I also like the fact that this would be an easy design to stitch using different colour ways...perhaps using the colours the bride has chosen for her bridal party.

So, a happy dance for a finish, and a happy dance for the newly married couple....and yes, I did cry during the ceremony!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona



7 comments:

Katie said...

Looks fantastic! I bet the bride was happy to receive it.

RJ said...

It came out perfect Rhona. Your changes were well done. I'm sure the happy couple will love it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish.

Sasha said...

That looks great! What an awesome wedding present!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks beautiful framed and ready to go! I'm sure they'll be thrilled with it.

Preeti said...

It looks so beautiful! The bride must have been very happy to receive it:)

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching Rhona! I like the colour changes you made!
You chose a lovely frame, such a wonderful gift to receive!
Barbara x