Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Seashells, seashells!

A day late, but with lots of seashells to share! I spent yesterday with my daughter who is suffering from Mono (or glandular fever for us Brits!) This is the second time in a year that she has succumbed to this ....last time was so bad that she ended up in hospital, with a very rare and serious reaction to the virus. So I'm sure you can understand why I was concentrating on her well being and the blog post was postponed till today.

Anyhoo.......lots of progress to show on the seashells design....


....not only did I finish the large seashell, but I also managed to get some of the smaller seashells in the bottom border done too...


....those little shells stitched up pretty quickly, they were much less complicated that the bigger ones.


But now I'm wishing that I had done what I had originally intended to do, which was to back stitch each seashell as it was completed. Now I have all the back stitching to do and you know how tedious that can be.

I also completed the Halloween owl....yayyy.....


....and just have to decide on how I'll finish him.....definitely with more back, that's for sure!


Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


10 comments:

Katie said...

Lovely progress!! The Halloween owl is fantastic too! Hope your daughter is better very soon.

Irene said...

auguri per tua figlia che guarisca presto, sempre piĆ¹ belle le tue conchiglie

butterfly said...

Love your shells, and Halloween stitching .

Maggie said...

Love that little owl, and your sea shells are beautiful.
Not a fan of back stitching either but it will make them pop :-)

Preeti said...

Great progress on your seashell project. Love the swirl pattern in the owl design.
Hope your daughter feels better soon.

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, yes! Lovely progress on your seashells!
The owl is gorgeous, I love all the swirls!
Your poor daughter, how she is feeling better soon!
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

The shells look great, so close!
Your owl is adorable, maybe a pillow?
I hope your daughter feels better soon, and to have it twice in one year, crazy!

RJ said...

Rhona lovely progress on your beautiful shells. Oh I know the feeling of leaving something until the end. Good luck with all that back stitching. I also love your Halloween stitch...so cute! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon, Rhona. My youngest son had mono in college and it took him a long time to recover. For her to end up in the hospital, that must have been very serious indeed.

Lovely seashell stitching and that little owl is darling. I just happened to find that chart last night--not sure if I will get to it this year or not.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Those sea shells are so beautiful! Such lovely colours. I hope your daughter is recovering well.