Monday, October 1, 2018

Slow progress...

Progress on the seashells design has been really slow this week.  For health reasons, the hubby and I have been trying to get out and walk every evening which means that by the time we've had dinner and cleaned up there's less time to stitch.  If only I could walk and stitch at the same time :) But I keep telling myself that slow progress is better than no progress....wouldn't you agree?

There's a bit more been done on the third seashell as you can see here....


....and the amount of threads that are left on the thread card is getting lower (always a sign of progress!)...


...the only thing that I'm disappointed in is the colour selection of the threads. There are three 'gold' colours of thread and the dark and medium shades are very close to one another. When you see the threads on the thread organizer, there's a difference in the two, but when  you stitch with them they seem to be the same,  so some of the pattern on the seashell is disappearing. 


My aim this week is to complete this seashell....fingers crossed I succeed.

Until next time...happy stitching!


Rhona

5 comments:

RJ said...

I think your seashells look fantastic Rhona. And yes even a little progress is great and adds up. Before long you will be done. I like your idea of finding a way to stitch and walk at the same time...I would love to see that one!!! RJ

Unknown said...

You still made good progress even if your stitching time is short. I'm with you in saying any progress is good progress. I hope your health is better this week. Happy stitching!

Irene said...

wow Rhona, sono bellissime!!

Preeti said...

Yes, some progress is always better than no progress. Health comes first always. Sometimes I skip exercise and instead stitch for boosting mental health:D

Katie said...

Beautiful work!