Monday, November 26, 2018

So many finishes!

Well I certainly managed to make up for last week and having nothing to show! I've done quite a few happy dances this week, I really should be a few pounds lighter....but I'm not :(

The first finish this week is....the seashells. Here's the top part of the design...


.....then those bottom large shells...


....then the little border at the base of the design...


....and here it is in all it's glory...


The pictures aren't that great as it's a miserable rainy day here....the kind you just want to sit in front of a fire with some hot tea and some stitching.

Then remember this....


...well I managed to finish him off too...


I misplaced the magazine so had to guess how to assemble him. He turned out fine and is just waiting for me to put up the Christmas tree where he can have pride of place as this years cross stitched ornament.

And for my final happy dance finish (which technically isn't quite finished as I still have to weave in the ends and add some buttons!) is this adorable little baby cardigan....


This is for my daughters friend who wants neutral colours for her baby. I thought that the pale grey would look nice if she decide to pair it with blue or pink when she discovers the baby's gender. I'm so surprised at how quickly this little cardigan worked up.....I can see there being quite a few of these in a little gift basket for the new Mum.

Well, I'm quite exhausted with all that happy dancing, so I'm off to pop the kettle on for a quick cuppa while I work out what to work on next (please don't mention UFO's and make me feel guilty!)

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

11 comments:

Katie said...

Adorable. Love them all. The Santa turned out too cute indeed.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

So many happy dances! That's just awesome to see some good finishes.

Unknown said...

Congrats on all your finished projects, love the Santa and you got him done in time for Christmas this year too. Happy stitching!!!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on finishing the seashells and the sweater and of course, the Santa.! I love him! I vaguely remember seeing him in a magazine--I think I'll have to see if I can find him again.

Smily-Света said...

I like your finishes!
Will you stitch Mrs Santa, also? I have seen her in the last issue

Irene said...

che belli Rhona, il Babbo Natale è fantastico!

Helen Philipps said...

Lots of lovely makes Rhona! The seashells design is beautifully stitched and I love the Santa......perfect for a keepsake tree decoration. The little baby cardigan is very sweet and will be so useful. Enjoy your week! XxX

RJ said...

Such beautiful projects Rhona. I love each one so much. The Santa is adorable. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

butterfly said...

Wow Rhonda your seashells look great.
Love the baby cardigan and the little Christmas ornament ,I have this one in my basket to do . Enjoy your week.

FlashinScissors said...

So pleased for you, finishing Seashells! What a feeling, eh!
Love your Santa.
I bought the issue with Mrs Christmas and just finished piecing her together last night,
but I can’t show her on my blog until the 16th - my day on Jo’s blog hop! Tee hee!
The baby cardigan looks gorgeous!
Now, what to stitch next .....
Happy stitching!
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

You have been on a finishing spree, they all look great! The Santa is absolutely adorable and the cardigan is precious.