Monday, December 10, 2018

Shhh....don't tell my secret!

The most wonderful time of the year is also the busiest time of the year and I haven't managed to pick up my needle very much, so there's not much progress to show. 

I do have a little secret to tell......I made a huge blunder with my stitching last week. I guess that's what happens when you pick up a UFO from ages ago and forget to re-read all the instructions....who has time for that?!! I realized, once I had taken my stitching of the q-snaps, that the white stitching on one side look quite different from the white stitching that I had just finished.......and then I realized......the white should have been stitched using three strands of thread and not the usual two! Arghhh.....what to do? Unpick all the white and then re-stitch it....you know how I hate stitching on black aida, so that didn't seem like a very good option. So, here's my secret....promise not to tell? I just went over all the white stitching and restitched with one strand of thread! 


I guess if you were going to look at the stitching with a magnifying glass you'd probably be able to tell, but I don't think anyone will be doing that....at least I hope not!

So that's our little secret....don't tell anyone!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

13 comments:

RJ said...

Rhona, I've done that myself before. Sometime eyes don't stand out and I will go back and put another strand on top of the others. I don't think anyone will ever know and I won't tell. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Cathy said...

I would have done the exact same thing!

Rachel said...

How frustrating, but also how easily amended, and you really can't see the difference. I've heard that this is a good method of adding blending filaments to projects too. :)

sweetmiaomiao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said...

Sounds like the perfect solution to me, it is something I have done myself in the past. x

Sasha said...

Honestly, I probably would have done the same thing! It looks great, though!

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Oh dear, how frustrating! At the end of the day no one will notice. Your secret is safe!

sweetmiaomiao said...


Il tuo segreto è al sicuro !!!
Capisco che è difficile lavorare su Aida nera (io l'ho fatto su lino nero ed è stato molto difficile) ma il risultato finale è bellissimo.
Buon lavoro

Unknown said...

Hello & Happy Thursday Rhona,The magazine The world of Cross Stitching I found the pattern "Birthday Countdown. Would it be possible for you to chart me the word Happy for that chart. I want to make a Happy Birthday banner and stitch my family names and birthday on .Then bring the banner out to display on birthday. Thanks Michelle

Katie said...

I would have done exactly what you did. I doubt you can tell even in person unless you looked really really close.

Mary said...

I was going to suggest that!! No one would know!! Love the cardinal!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I don't think anyone would be able to tell or would be looking that closely!

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, yes! I totally agree with this idea and I’m sure I’ve done the same thing.
In time you will forget you even did that! Tee hee!
Hugs,
Barbara xx