Monday, April 15, 2019

Loving the back stitching!

Hello again, dear readers. It's wonderful to be back blogging and reading the lovely comments so many of you left for me on my last post. Thanks you....they mean so much to me. 

Since the bridal shower is coming up fast....eeek..... I'll have to get cracking and finish the wedding sampler really quickly. Last week's post I had shown it to you with the cross stitching finished, so this week was a case of bringing it to life with the back stitching.....


As always, the difference is incredible....you'd think we'd get used to the difference after stitching for a long time, but no, each time I'm always amazed at the difference...


This design included lots of french knots...


....luckily for me, I love doing them....how about you? Love them or loathe them? Do you swap the out for beads instead?


All the back stitched swirls make the calligraphy come to life...



I just have the 'after' part of the design to do and the happy couple's names at the bottom, then I can get it matted and framed - hopefully in time for the bridal shower! 

I guess I should go and find that turbo charged needle!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


7 comments:

Ariadne said...

This looks very very beautiful! AriadnefromGreece!

Katie said...

I love back stitching too. Just amazes me every time like you said. French knots seem to be growing on me but I also love the look of adding beads. So I guess it depends on the piece.

Kay said...

The back stitching looks amazing, it really opens put he design. Still, after all of the years, I don't particularly like doing this bit. My french knots have improved over time but they are still very unpredictable. x

Mary said...

I love doing French Knots!! The back stitching really does make the swirls come to life, I'm a fan of anything swirly too!! Love this stitch!

RJ said...

Lovely stitch Rhona. Hmm French Knots...I don't love or hate them. I do like how they look on a stitch. And the backstitching makes a huge difference on a project...it does bring it to life. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

hettyanddaisy said...

I love how back stitching changes the way a design looks making things pop out at you. It's looking really good.

Rachel said...

This is looking fantastic! I agree that it never ceases to amaze me the difference a bit of backstitching can make. As for french knots... beads if possible! :)