Monday, April 29, 2019

Small projects...

This week I decided to work on some smaller projects so that I could have some finishes under my belt! Sometimes you just have to do something (anything!) to make yourself feel good! Having a small finish made me feel good...


This was a freebie kit with the World of Cross Stitching magazine and since I had lost my old cross stitch bookmark by leaving it in the book I returned to the library, the timing couldn't have been better. And being bird watcher, the design was perfect too.Each little bird cage is done in cross stitch and the back stitching is done in one and two strands...




 Aren't the colours wonderful?

The only thing I changed was the lilac thread for back stitching - I used a slightly darker shade from my stash so that it would show up more.  It shouldn't take to long to finish this off into a bookmark and hopefully I'll have it finished for you to see next week.

I also started another freebie kit from this months World of Cross Stitching magazine. I need a card for my son-in-law's birthday later in the week, so another fee kit that landed at my door just at the right time!


As you can see, just the back stitching to be done! I do love those quick to stitch kits.

So now it's time for an apology. I love reading your comments (please keep them coming!) but when I went to respond to them, they were nowhere to be found! I've checked both emails that I have for blogging but nothing is showing up. Maybe I missed some important news from Blogger about emails while I was away? So for all of those of you who were kind enough to take the time to comment, I'm sorry I can't reply to your comments but thank you for making my day by commenting.

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona






5 comments:

Kay said...

I quite agree about having the need for a quick finish sometimes! It just makes you feel good to actually something. x

Rachel said...

Such pretty little projects, and perfect for that 'I need a finish' feeling. :)

Mary said...

I love mixing smaller projects in with my larger ones. It does give a sense of accomplishment. Your projects are beautiful.

Carol said...

I always have to have a small project on the go--I need that immediate sense of gratification I guess :) Yours are so sweet--love the little birdcages, Rhona! Have a great month ahead!

Astrids dragon said...

That will be an adorable bookmark! And yes, the colours are beautiful.
Those cards are always so sweet, this one is no exception!