Monday, May 6, 2019

Enjoying the little things!

That could be a philosophical take on life as well as my cross stitching week!

The small cross stitch projects have been calling to me recently (I think I need a break from big projects)  so I have been indulging myself ....life is short, so do what makes you happy - my new outlook on life!

So here's what I've been doing this week. I finished the back stitching on the little card I started last week...


Isn't he cute?!!

The printed card that came with the freebie kit wasn't cut out perfectly so I added some more stitching on the grass and his boots so that the design filled the space better (you know that I'm a bit OCD about these things!) 

  
I also trimmed the card as it wasn't folded perfectly either! You can see on these pictures how the back page shows... a quick trim with the craft knife makes it look perfect.


Attention to small details make a big difference to the end result....


I found another cute little design in my stash of magazine freebies and started working on that...


I'm usually a Aida girl so this is stepping out of my comfort zone and testing my eye sight...all those tiny holes just blur together.....I'm surprised that everything is lining up properly! This little key ring design shouldn't take too long to finish....the making up into the key ring might be a different story though!

Today I am playing  working with threads to get the perfect colour combinations for a new design for a magazine...


I can't wait to show it to you, but you'll have to wait till 2020 to see it.....yes it takes that long to be published!

I think I have managed to get my email problems fixed, so I should be able to respond to your comments....so please do leave some 😉....I love hearing from you.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



8 comments:

Mary said...

YOur card is so sweet!! Yes, the small details really do make a difference! How exciting that you will have a stitch published in 2020!!! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

so cute... I do love all the little designs. Oooo excited to see your finished design next year.

Rachel said...

I agree, the little card is really cute and well worth those little adjustments. Looks like you're definitely on a roll with smalls at the moment. :)

Irene said...

Rhona sono curiosa del tuo nuovo progetto! Bellissimi i ricami!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are very cute cards. I have a box of the cover kits just waiting for the day I run out of projects LOL.

Astrids dragon said...

The card turned out great, so very cute!
Your other freebie is coming along nicely, I'm looking forward to seeing that finished.
Wow, 2020? I'm sure it will be worth waiting for!

Alicia said...

Hola !me encantan tus bordados y veo que tienes un proyecto interesante y para no perderme me quedo aquí para seguir viendo tus maravillosos trabajos como seguidora.
Te dejo el enlace de mi blog para que que me visites.
https://aliegunon.blogspot.com/
Un fuerte abrazo

Katie said...

Sometimes those little finishes are just a blast to work on. The little card turned out adorable!!! Love your new piece. Good luck assembling it. Can't wait to see your new design. They are always beautiful.