Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Ooops...it feels like it's Monday!

The trouble with long weekends is that we all get the following days mixed up! It feels like it's Monday, so does that still mean that I'm late posting?!!  :)

So, as you know, I'm determined to knuckle down and get the last, not-so-little bit, of the Ice Cardinal design finished. Here's where I was last week...


....and here's where I am now....


I was rather naughty and didn't take my stitching off the q-snaps just so that I would stitch each night....I don't know why I thought that having it stay on the q-snaps would make me stitch more, it doesn't really make sense, but it worked!


I can see the end in sight!


At the weekend I decided to tackle my finishing pile and, of course, as it ALWAYS happens, I was missing the one thread colour that I needed. Don't you hate when that happens? I needed DMC 209 so I popped into my local WalMart only to discover that they don't carry that number. Since I was determined to make headway in my finishing pile, I decided to drive another 35 minutes to the nearest craft store and get this one single skein of thread that I needed.....the things we do for our hobby! Lo and behold....this is the horror that met met my eyes when I got to the cross stitch section of JoAnns....


And there wasn't even a sale on! So many empty sections in their display......I'm hoping that they were just late in filling up their thread displays and not getting rid of the cross stitching section altogether. I'm now rethinking my finishing plan so that I don't have to use the elusive DMC209 thread!

Until net time....happy stitching!

Rhona



5 comments:

Katie said...

The cardinal is just breathtaking. I will miss the progress on this one when it's done. Just beautiful. Oh no. I hate it when that happens.

Helen Philipps said...

Amazing stitching...but what a shame about the elusive thread!! I hate it when that happens...have sometimes been on one of those hunts too! I'm sure your alternative will be just as good...good luck finishing this beauty Rhona. xxx

Sasha said...

I've had this happen at a couple stores, neither having the one color I needed in stock. It's so frustrating! I feel your pain!
Your cardinal is so awesome. I love seeing it come to life!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cardinal is looking wonderful, it's so striking on the black fabric.

Shame about the missing 209, it's time like this that you become grateful for next day delivery!

Rachel said...

The light at the end of Ice Cardinal's tunnel is definitely getting brighter! That's fantastic progress for the week. I hope you find an alternative for your elusive thread; what a frustrating journey! :)