Monday, July 22, 2019

Testing, testing!

I have a collection of various glues and tapes that I have collected over the years, some good and some not so good. I decided to test them all out and see which ones were best for  different types of projects.


Here's a collection of some of the glues etc that I have been testing....these were the ones that were in reasonable condition to photograph....I'm not the neatest person, so some of my glues are quite disgusting and I'm too ashamed to let you see the condition the bottles and tubes are in!

So, here's my question to you - what glues and tapes do you like working with? Which ones do you think work best? 

Please comment below and hopefully, with your answers, I can  come up with a list of best products that would help us all!

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

6 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Well I don't know about the best but don't ever waste your money on Hobbycraft Repositional Spray glue - it is RUBBISH!

Curious to find out what is the best spray glue. Although I guess it will be different as I'm in UK.

Katie said...

The brown bottle tacky glue is the one I use the most. It dries clear and always seems to stick to everything I need it to.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I use the helmar fabric glue because it's easily available for me at spotlight but it also really works for all my bookmarks and pillows etc. It appears to hold up really well over time.

Mary said...

I like Aleene's Fast Grab tacky spray for attaching batting to sticky board. I learned that from The Twisted Stitcher and I like Beacon Felt glue for attaching ruffled ribbon to my cross stitch pillows.

I'll certainly be interested in what everyone else uses. Great idea for a post.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't really use glue, I tend to stick with double-sided tape. If I'm gluing paper or card I will probably use a Pritt Stick as they are not messy.
I do use PVA glue for undercoating my painted rocks!

Astrids dragon said...

I've used Aleene's spray and tacky glue for most of my finishes that need it, I like them both.