Monday, August 12, 2019

It's been a week for smalls!

Small finishes that is....not the underwear kind of smalls!  :)

I tried to get some of the back stitching done on Ice Cardinal, but the qsnaps frame and the fabric is rather large and the fabric kept rubbing against the poison ivy blisters that I have on my arm....not pleasant - or hygienic! 


I only managed a small bit of back stitching then decided to work on something else so that I didn't end up with an infection as well as the blisters. I finished off the seagull stitching from last week and now have another card to add to my collection...


This little kit from CrossStitcher magazine came with a small cardboard frame to place round the seagull. Originally I wasn't going to put it on as I thought it rather strange, but changed my mind once I had placed it on the stitching. I thought it was rather cute and quirky....


I then started working on another free kit, this time from Cross Stitch Crazy magazine..


....and now have a cute little luggage tag that should stand out at the airport when all those 
oh-so-similar suitcases come out on the luggage carousel...


And since I was on a roll, another freebie kit that I had tucked away in my stash was this little butterfly design....


....and if it looks familiar, it's because I have stitched this design before. I have no idea how or why I had two of these kits, but I'm not complaining!

And the last of the smalls for this week.....


....another freebie from this months CrossStitcher magazine - I do love those free kits, don't you? This shouldn't take too long to complete and then I'll have yet another card to add to my stash.

All in all, I would say it's been a good week for smalls!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


7 comments:

Katie said...

Fantastic work on them. I just love that seagull. The little frame does look too cute on the top.

RJ said...

Love the idea of travel tags and yours are the cutest Rhona. RJ@stitchingfriends

MartinaM said...

So many pretty little things, just beautiful.
I particularly like the idea with the small cardboard frame.
Have a nice week, Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice smalls! The quality of the cover kits has definitely improved recently. I used to stitch a lot but haven't for a while. They live in a shoebox together!
I really like the balloons you have started.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I hope you feel better soon! I love the little smalls they are so easy to carry. I don't like when they don't include the pattern in with the freebie! I have lost the patterns too often that way before I manage to get to the kit.

Astrids dragon said...

So sorry to hear about the poison ivy, that stuff is so nasty!
I love the finish with the seagull and the frame, it looks great. The travel tag looks good too, the orange makes it so noticeable!
The butterflies are sweet and I like your balloons start.
It was a great month for smalls!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on such a successful week of stitching. The seagull card is amazing and probably one of the best cover kits I've seen for a while. Hope the arm gets better quickly. :)