Monday, September 9, 2019

Getting my dancing shoes ready!

I've got my dancing shoes out ready to do a happy dance......I'm almost finished another design! 

I was hoping to finish it today and show you a completely finished piece, but I had a root canal done this morning and I have such a headache that I can barely see the needle let alone the tiny holes in the evenweave fabric. This is how close I am to a finish....


....there's a little feather at the top right hand side that's half done. Once that's finished, then I can start my happy dance. This is the cover picture from the kit....


I have been stitching up a storm, but unfortunately can't show you the designs as they are for publication in a magazine. I don't normally stitch for the magazines, but these designs I wanted finished in a particular way, so it's easier for me to do the whole shebang....design, stitch and finish! Here's a sneak peek....


Could be anything, right? I promise to show it in all it's glory when it's published. And the second piece.....


....at least there's a bit more colour in this picture! And the threads carefully placed to obscure the design :) The stitching for both is completed, so now it's on to the finishing process....time to play with ribbons and beads!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona



4 comments:

Rachel said...

Pretty designs. Your teasers look a bit Halloween-y but it must be far too late for that... unless they're for Halloween 2020! :)

Maggie said...

Oh i hope you feel better soon, not a nice thing to have done.
Your stitching looks pretty and I'm sure you will get it done in no time once you are feeling better

Helen Philipps said...

Your new projects sound exciting Rhona! Looking forward to seeing them when they are published! The new almost finished design is lovely...hope you feel better soon and can get back to your stitching again. XXX

Katie said...

Lovely almost finish. Good luck getting it finished up and finished off. Can't wait to see your new works once published.