Monday, October 28, 2019

A Halloween finish!

Phew....just in time for Halloween! So my little Halloween design that I was stitching last week is all finished....and I mean finished, finished :) Yay me!!!

So after you saw some of the Halloween design last week, (click here for how it looked as my 'almost finished' piece) I finished the stitching part then got on with the finishing part.

First off.....cutting the design to shape....


...then deciding on what order I wanted the coloured felt to be, black border with an orange background.....


....or orange border with an black background...


 Ahh, decisions, decisions! So although I liked the orange with the black background better, I realized that it wouldn't show up if I put the banner on my front door which is painted black, so the decision was kind of made for me....black with orange!

Next step was glueing/gluing  (I ended up looking up the spelling as it doesn't look right either way! Now I know that you can use either!) the stitching to the felt....


Trim to size the repeat with the orange felt...


The with a rather long length of black and white bakers twine (which  was so hard to find in the shops!) and a large darning needle....


....we end up with this....


For speed I pictured it on an inside door, it will of course have pride of place, and show up rather nicely, on my black front door just in time for Halloween!

Now I just have to go and buy some more sweets/candy for the trick-or-treaters on Halloween  (please don't ask why I have to buy more sweets/candy 😏 )

Until next time....happy stitching!


Rhona

10 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on your finish. I just love your banner.

Aďka said...

Nádherná ozdoba na dvere, veľmi sa mi páči :-)

Very beautiful!!!
A.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Boo looks fantastic both in the stitching and the simple (and I don't mean that rudely) yet so effective, way it's finished off. I hope your little trick-or-treaters comment on it although, seeing it on your internal door, I'm guessing you're not going to want to put it outside for long! :)

Irene said...

Rhona è bellissimo!! Mi piace molto la tua idea!

Helen Philipps said...

Love your banner, it looks great! We are buying some sweets today for the trick or treaters we're expecting tomorrow (left the sweetie purchase till the last minute!!) Happy Halloween! xxx

Katie said...

Oh I just LOVE the way this has turned out. Perfect!!

Bethan said...

Such a good banner! Congratulations on your finish finish! X

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great banner, nicely finished too.

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry to be late visiting!
Your banner looks terrific!
We are still eating sweets we bought this year as we didn’t have visitors ..... but we had the sweets, just in case!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

Oh, WOW! Your finish looks fantastic!