Monday, November 25, 2019

A wolf and a felt bear


Doesn't that title sound like it could be the start of a joke? A wolf an a felt bear walked in to a bar... lol!

Anyhoo, cross stitching has taken a bit of a back seat since I have a deadline for the felt stocking that I'm making. I have worked a bit on Winter's Lace though, and have some more of the wolf emerging.....


....he has some eyes now, so doesn't look like some sort of  crazy zombie wolf anymore! I have broken the cardinal rule of stitching though, and haven't been taking my stitching out of the q-snaps......I'm such a rebel (or maybe in all honesty, that should just be 'lazy stitcher'!)


I'm slowly getting there!

Since Christmas is fast approaching, my main focus has been to get on with the felt stocking for sweet baby R's first Christmas. After my first problems with the printed design not matching up, sadly things haven't gotten any better. I cut out the bear which was one of the printed pieces of felt and lined it up with the lines indicated on the blue background.....only to find that it didn't match with the lines on the snowman ......


....line it up matching the lines on the right hand side and you're left with the line showing on the left hand side...


Of course, these lines should be hidden when you stitch each piece. What to do? Re-draw the piece so that it fits and buy some felt to make a new bear, or jiggle the poorly fitting one to make it fit and try to disguise the faults with some sequins and beads?  I haven't quite decided what to do. All I can say is, so much for this being a quick and easy project! 

Fingers crossed that next week's update will be a it better with a lot more to show.

Hope you are having better luck with your stitching projects than I am!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

5 comments:

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely stitching :D And I would just jiggle it but that's the way I tend to work.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that gorgeous little bear is definitely wrong. I've never made anything like this so can't comment on whether fudging or redoing would work best, but I can say that I'm so glad you're taking photos of these errors. As a designer yourself, mistakes like this must be even more frustrating. I hope you've found a solution and the remainder of the stocking is straight-forward. :)

FlashinScissors said...

Grrr! I hate it when patterns are wrong! That’s the whole reason for using a pattern gone out the window!
I do hope you’ve managed to do something with it!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Katie said...

The wolves look great. I don't take my stitching out unless I plan on leaving it for weeks. I do put a piece of fleece in between my Qsnaps and the fabric so it doesn't leave marks on my stitching. So frustrating to hear all the problems you are having with this kit. Definitely wouldn't buy one from this designer again.

BikersGearGermany said...

Woww these wolves are awesome.