Monday, December 23, 2019

Another gnome!

These gnomes are taking over! The third gnome bookmark is finished....


Joe loves green so it made sense to do this one in shades of green. Here it is with the one I showed you last post which is for my daughter...


I was hoping to be able to show a picture of all three bookmarks together, but I had to post the first one so that it got to my son in time for Christmas. He's serving abroad so fingers crossed it gets there in time for Christmas.

Here's gnome number four....hope you're not bored looking at gnomes! This one is for the hubby and I decided to change the colours from the chart so that it matches the hubby's favourite hockey team (New York rangers) colours ....


....my plans for having it finished by today were well and truly scuppered when I ended up having a terrible  headache yesterday and spent the best part of the day in bed! Guess who's got lots of stitching and finishing to get this done in time?!!

An early copy of the Just CrossStitch magazine arrived in the mail with my 'deer at sunset' design gracing the front cover....


The model was stitched for the magazine by Brenda Smith, who did a wonderful job bringing my design to life.

Well since I still have some gnome stitching left to do, I guess i should go and thread the needle and get back to stitching!

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and hoping that Santa will leave some stitching stash in your stocking :)

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


10 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Rhona, what a joy to find your design on the cover of the magazine...it truly is gorgeous! Love those clever gnomes, too. How perfect they are tucked into a book on a bookmark. Merry Christmas!

StitchThrifty said...

Those gnomes are so adorable! Some reader is going to find joy every time they see them. I love the deer design, it is so calm and serene perfect for winter.

Rachel said...

Hope you got the fourth gnome finished in time for Christmas, and had a wonderful time.
Here's to a successful 2020 where you don't run out of threads for a project or find fabric has been supplied too small! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The gnomes are adorable! It must be so exciting to see your design on the cover of a magazine too. The colours are so pretty in that one.

Katie said...

I just love the gnomes. Too cute! Lovely design on the cover. I pointed it out to my family and told them I knew you haha.

Bethan said...

Wonderful gnomes! Really enjoying seeing them. Amazing having your design on the front of a magazine. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas x

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, your gnomes are so precious! Did you already mention what magazine they're from?
Your design looks great, how fantastic that it's on the cover.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

those gnomes are just gorgeous! I'm a bit late in commenting but they are pretty.

BikersGearGermany said...

Wow! Your gnomes are so precious!Love them. Thanks:)

Tech PlusZ said...

Amazing............. These Gnomes are wonderful. I like them