Monday, February 10, 2020

I've been a busy bee!

I feel like I'm on a roll....I've managed to get a few , albeit little, things done!

First of all, I finished the Margaret Sherry kit. Although I ran out of thread from the kit, I was able to use some DMC threads that I had in my stash. Although it didn't match exactly, since it was for the lid of the box and the label, it was away from the rest of the yellow so the difference wasn't noticeable....or at least, not too much!


...and the wonders of back stitching....


.......the little kitty is brought to life!

Week six of the Peppermint Purple SAL arrived and that section was duly stitched...


Unfortunately the pale blue aida doesn't show up as blue on the pictures. The variegated threads look wonderful on this design....here's a close up so you can get a better idea of how they look....


And if that wasn't enough, I managed to get a little bit more of the wolves design stitched too...


Stitching the pale blue of the sky is a bit boring, but it doesn't require too much counting or attention so it's great to do while watching the TV and some things, like  ice hockey (big fan here!), have to be watched and not just listened to :)

I'm hoping that this week I'll continue to be as productive. I'm off now to tape the Margaret Sherry design in the card to have a complete finished finish :)

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The backstitch really does make the design come alive. Margaret Sherry always does do cute designs.
Nice work on keeping up with the blackwork SAL.

Cathy said...

The yellows don't look that different in the pictures! I love Margaret Sherry designs--the backstitching adds so much. I also love the color you're using for the Peppermint Purple SAL.

Katie said...

Wow that backstitching really made it pop into life. They all look fantastic. You really made a lot of progress on the wolves. Keep up that gorgeous progress!

RJ said...

Rhona so happy you were able to finish your kit. It looks great and matches well. It is such a cute stitch. Your other stitch is going to be so pretty too. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Aďka said...

Nádherné výšivky, myška je milá, teším sa na finále :-)
Pekný deň,
A.

Ann C. said...

You did a beautiful job on the Margaret Sherry Kit. The yellows don't look any different to me. I love how the backstitching brings the stitching to life! Happy Valentine's Day!

Faith... said...

The kitty xs looks great and I can’t tell the difference in the yellows. I love the wolves, they are beautiful!

Bethan said...

I cannot tell the difference between the yellows (and I stared for a while!). I do love how effective backstitching can be! Loving your blackwork x

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your productive week. The little cat is gorgeous, and I love any progress you make on the wolves. Keep those needles working! :)

Astrids dragon said...

I see no difference in the yellows, great match and an adorable finish!
I love the blue in your SAL, very pretty.
The wolves look amazing.