Monday, March 9, 2020

Playing catch-up!

It's been a crazy busy week here and I haven't had much time to stitch....don't you just hate weeks like that? I never realized how much I rely on my cross stitching to bring me calm and tranquility.

So, as the title suggests, I've been playing catch up with the Peppermint Purple SAL and still have one more block to catch up with before the new block pattern is released on Wednesday......


Last week's block is one of the small blocks (half the size of this one)  so shouldn't be too hard to get done before Wednesday.....or am I jinxing myself by saying that?!!

I'm catching up also with the wedding sampler as I had planned to be a bit further along by now than I actually am....good job I started in plenty of time before the wedding :)


The little flower motifs are fun to stitch with lots of colour changes in each one...


...and the back stitching will really make it pop....


....I just have to get the cross stitching done first! Maybe if we don't eat this week, I can use that extra time where I would have been cooking to get the stitching done :) Or maybe Pizza delivered? That sounds a better plan than going hungry.

Thank you for your suggestions on what you'd like to see on my new website....if you have any more, please do leave me a comment (or comment even if you don't have a suggestion about the website....I love your comments regardless of what they are about!) I'm working on some  free charts and tutorials on what to make with them.....so stay tuned :)

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona


7 comments:

Katie said...

Yes I hate weeks that like. I agree with you about it bringing calm over me too. Not the same without it. Those color changes look fantastic when they are in the fabric don't they?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on both projects. The wedding Sampler is very colourful.

Kaisievic said...

Good luck with catching up - I always feel sad the days that I don't get any stitching done.

Rachel said...

Both projects are looking great. Good luck with finding a bit more stitching time and catching up with the SAL; I like this idea of easy food for a few days! :)

Cathy said...

I have weeks like that now and then and I definitely feel better when I can find time to stitch. Both projects are looking good. Good luck on catching up soon. (I still need to do last week's block for the SAL, too.

Faith... said...

Loving the wedding sampler! I vote for pizza deliveries or doordash! Can't have you so hungry you can't stitch.

Bethan said...

I too vote for pizza deliveries! The colours of the wedding sampler look lovely. I hope this week has been a little calmer and allowed you more stitching time x