Monday, April 20, 2020

Back to the wolves!

As the signs of Spring seem to be finally appearing here in NY, birds chirping, daffodils beginning to bloom and the weather brightening up, so what do I start working on again? Those winter wolves! You would think that I loved winter! (btw, I don't, I'm definitely a summer loving gal!)

So here's my progress on these beautiful wolves....


I've been plodding along getting the trees in the background stitched. It's slow going as the background is all blended threads which seem to slow down the progress. Just getting the different colours of threads cut and sorted seems to take so much more time than normal. The end result is well worth it though, it really is beautiful.

This month's edition of the World Of Cross Stitching magazine featured my little key pouch designs...


The staff at WOXS sent me their photograph to share....much better than me taking a picture of the magazine! Since I haven't received my copy of the magazine yet I have no idea who stitched the models....but whoever it was, I'm sure you'll agree that they did a wonderful job. I'll let you know who stitched them as soon as I get my copy of the magazine.

Hope you are all managing to stay safe and well.

Until next time....happy stitching.

Rhona


6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Rhona, the wolves are stunning and certainly worth all the effort of fiddling with blending floss. Cute key fobs - how cool to have your designs published.

Mini said...

The wolves is a stunning design. The key pouches you designed are cute.
Hope you are safe and well.

Katie said...

I love the subtle yet beauty in the wolves piece. Great work. The key fobs are just adorable. Love the blue bird one!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Wolves do look good, glad we don't have that snow here now.
All the magazines have been late but that is to be expected. The key fobs look great.

Faith... said...

Love your fobs; you did a great job on them! The wolves are gorgeous but I can see how the blending of the threads could be a pain.

Rachel said...

Great progress on the wolves; they look stunning. :)