Monday, April 6, 2020

Oh no!

Another week has gone by in this crazy time that we are living in. The days seem to be blurring together and I hardly know what day it is......I'm pretty certain it's Monday and time for a blog post!

The wedding sampler is back in the sewing basket to make sure it's done in time for the the big day.....although I'm not sure what's happening with that since we are all  told to stay at home and not gather in any groups.  

We now have 'Happily Ever After' but are missing some flourishes...



...and my problem now is that I have run out of thread to finish those beautiful flourishes...


In normal times (remember those?)  I would have just hopped in the car and gone to the craft store to pick up a skein of thread......I would probably have moaned about it, but now I would do almost anything to be back and able to do that. I really mustn't complain though, as in the grand scheme of things it's really nothing. So many people have real  things to worry about and my lack of thread is nothing compared to what they are going though.

So here's a close up of some of the flourishes with the back stitching/long stitching....


.....and a close up of some of the french knots that are sprinkled throughout this design...


So my next decision is whether to unpick all the back stitching (and there' a lot of it!) and do it with a different brown, (one that I have a full skein of!) or wait and hope that the shops will be open sometime before the wedding? I could of course order it on-line but pay an exorbitant price for shipping......unless I add some other goodies to my online basket :)

Until next time....stay safe, stay well, and happy stitching.

Rhona


7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

THis is gorgeous! Shame about the thread. Do you have the equivalent in Anchor which may be close enough?

I find that the difference between online and in-shop prices means you only need to buy 3 skeins of DMC to justify the postage! £1 vs 65p from Lakeside.

LindaLee said...

Rhona! I may have the brown that you need! Is it DMC first of all and if so........what number! Let me know and I'll check to see if I do, if so, I can send it to you. That's a beautiful piece.

Mary said...

What a shame about the thread...if it's DMC and I have it, I will gladly send it to you also. It is beautiful! Mary

Faith... said...

Wow that turned out beautiful! The recipients will be thrilled with it!

I see some people have offered the DMC you need but if they don't have it, I might! Just let me know the number.

Rachel said...

It would probably cost you more in petrol to drive to your LNS than to pay for P&P but I understand what you mean. I'm sure another few items could accidentally fall into your basket to make the P&P worthwhile so that you can continue on with this gorgeous piece. :)

Katie said...

LOL I'm with Rachel. Buy other things to make it worth it haha. Lovely piece though. I love it! I did the same thing the other day I wanted to run and buy fabric. Oh yeah. Nope. Just crazy. Take care of yourself.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks fantastic! Sorry you ran out of your thread, I say keep the frog away and wait. Unless you do find some other stitching goodies you can't do without?!