Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Snowmen in August!

 What better time to start stitching snowmen than in August! Luckily for me, stitched snowmen don't melt in the hot August temperatures :) Last week I had just looked out the threads an fabric for this cute snowman design...

....and this week the jolly snowman face has appeared...

With that great big cheerful face looking at you, you can't help but smile! The carrot nose and the top hat are to be stitched on plastic canvas, which will be this weeks' stitching project.....except for Wednesday as Wednesdays are when the peppermint Purple SAL pattern block is released. And here's my SAL update...


....and the whole thing so far...

It's so much prettier in person, the camera doesn't seem to be able to pick up the pale blue fabric and the colours in the variegated thread. Roll on tomorrow when the next pattern block will be released.

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

8 comments:

Katie said...

The snowman is too cute. I can't wait for winter. My life will slow down again. Your blackwork piece is gorgeous on my screen so I know it's even better in person.

dianne said...

that snowman is so stinkin' cute!!! i went looking for it, but couldn't find the chart (yet) online - cuz i am gonna NEED to stitch it ... seriously cute!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Snowman is lovely. I like the idea of adding plastic canvas adornments too.
The blackwork is growing nicely.

Faith... said...

Such a happy looking snowman! Looking forward to seeing how the plastic canvas looks on him. Your SAL looks great.

Astrids dragon said...

That snowman is going to be cute, I'm looking forward to seeing your finish.

Sheryl said...

Love the snowman face and the blackwork is amazing.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I'm sooo far behind with that SAL! I really need to work on it ASAP!

Rachel said...

Your snowman is so different from any that I have seen and, you're right, his smile is contagious! :)