Monday, April 11, 2011

The Tale of the Thread.


Yes!!!! It finally arrived. For those of you who have been following the tale of the Dusty Purple thread, I have to say that I was very impressed with Dimensions as they sent out some more of the dusty purple thread that I needed to finish part of the Samurai’s garment. Although I only needed about two, twelve inch strands, Dimensions very kindly sent me this….



at no charge.  What great service! Now you might be wondering why I don’t have a picture to show you of the Samurai’s completed garment, and it’s not because I haven’t done any stitching. The reason there is no picture, is that I have to blend the dusty purple with some dark purple….and guess what I have run out of? Yup, you guessed it, the dark purple! I’m sure the stitching gods are sitting up wherever it is they sit and are having a good old chuckle at me! So as much as I am tempted to write to Dimensions and beg for some dark purple thread, I think I might wait till I have done all the stitching just in case I run out of yet another colour. I really don’t think I could write to them three times, even twice is a bit embarrassing! You have no idea how happy I will be when this Samurai is finished! Well, on second thoughts, we’re all stitchers so you probably do!

Thanks to everyone who was brave enough to take up the challenge to post a picture on their blog and show the back of their stitching. I think I will try to look out one of my earlier pieces and show the back of it so you can see all the tangled threads I often ended up with!


Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona

4 comments:

Anne said...

Wow Rhona, what a hassle! When something goes wrong once, it often happens twice, just not three times!! That's what I'm believing in for you so you won't run out of any more threads. I won't let it happen!

Crystal said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, that you have no more problems.

Daffycat said...

Nice service! That was excellent.

I left you a comment on the ink stain post...

Lynn said...

I'm glad to see they sent you some extra floss. I've done Dimension kits in the past and find they are notorious for shortchanging you on thread. I hope you are able to keep on stitching for a while longer without running short on anything other than what you've found already.