Thursday, April 21, 2011

Turbo charged needle!


I have baskets and boxes in all shapes and sizes that are home to my cross stitching stash. If you ask me what’s in each of these containers I would not be able to tell you although I do know that I couldn’t live without it, whatever it is!
Anyway, while ‘rediscovering’ some of these goodies, I came across a gold needle that was ‘put away safely’ a long, long time ago. So long ago, that I had forgotten all about it and assumed it was one of those needles that makes a successful bid for freedom and is never seen again. Since my last packet of needles was awful – bent, sharp, broke easily etc, this needle was greeted with much joy. Well I am soooooo glad I found this needle, honestly, I think it’s turbo charged. This is what the super team of me and the gold needle achieved since my last post.


Yes, thistle number two is complete!

And yes, I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. I have to say that stitching the same design twice is something I don’t think I have ever done before. So to be stitching the same design a third and a fourth time is something I don’t think will ever happen again.

I was showing my daughter the designs and told her that I was giving them to the girls (see previous post for story) to take to college, and I was so delighted when she asked me to stitch one for her. It had been my plan to stitch one for her all along, but it was lovely to think that she wanted  me to stitch her one.

I’m hoping to make a start on the third thistle tomorrow while my daughter has  surgery on her jaw. This will be surgery number four. Not sure if I will be able to concentrate on the stitching as the last surgery didn’t go to plan. Hopefully this time it will be a success. I will make sure I take the turbo charged needle with me and I will let you know how the surgery and the stitching went.

Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona

7 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Well done, Rhona and don't you love it when someone WANTS something stitched (and appreciates it)!

Cath said...

The new thistle looks lovely . good luck for your DD . XXX

Karoline said...

The thistles are lovely, congratulations

Unknown said...

Great stitching! I will be sending positive thoughts your daughter's way!

Toni said...

Isn't it fun digging stashes. And hoping the best for your DD's surgery. Take care both of you :-)

Anne said...

I like that you used a pink colour for this thistle. Are you planning on making them all a bit different? I hope your daughter will be okay after her surgery. My sister went through that a couple years ago and she was in a lot of pain for a couple of months afterwards. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Anne

Lynn said...

Well done! I love the thistle in the pink. What colour's next?
I hope that things go well for your daughter this time.