Monday, May 2, 2011

Tusal

Another month that seems to have flown by! Luckily this month I feel like I have managed to get lots of stitching done, which my almost full ort jar will attest to!



The jar is full of the golds and greens of the thistles along with the blues, pinks and lilacs for each of the heads.



If you look closely you will also see some dark blues which is for a Xmas design that will be submitted to a magazine. In the ort jar you will see the remnants of the french knots that I had to unpick several times. Someone once told me that french knots should be like a string of pearls, each one looking exactly the same - I have been scarred for life because of this statement!

And my surprise for this month.....


I finally remembered to get a bigger jar for each months ort collection. So it was the end of the road for the old sandwich bag which had been doing the job up until now. There seems to be quite a bit of threads in the large jar, so maybe he won't last all year either!

Also in the ort jar you will see that I keep the labels from the skeins of threads that I have finished. I then pop these labels in to my purse or bag so that the next time I am at the craft store I know which threads I  need to buy. I haven't quite mastered the art of clearing out my bag or purse though, and often end up buying the same thread colours more than once! Better to have too much than too little though, and thread never goes to waste. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Check back on Thursday when I will have news of my first ever giveaway!

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's an interesting system!
I tend to take a DMC colour chart with me to the shop. I stick a post it note to it with the numbers of threads I need. And sometimes the actual thread is nothing like the colour on the computer, or I don't like the match. I circle every colour I own in the colour chart so I never double up.