Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Stitching

Continuing with last week’s 'eventful week' theme, we can add experiencing a hurricane to our list! Yes, we were in Hurricane Irene's path. Luckily we only experienced the edge of the hurricane, but it was still strong enough to cause considerable damage. Luckily we had cleared our patio of the garden furniture, plant pots, birdbaths etc and had stored them in the garage, otherwise we would have been collecting them from several streets away!
Since Sunday was such a dark and miserable day, it made good sense to just sit and stitch. Bliss! Hubby watched the football while I concentrated on my other fella…..my Samurai. I felt as though I got quite a bit done, although it would have been significantly more if those dratted frogs hadn't come in to escape the hurricane! Even though I had to unpick the same spot several times (I had made a mistake cross stitching the sleeve and couldn’t figure out why the couching wasn’t right) I feel as though I made good progress. I have decided just to use the cart as a guide and not follow it exactly, after all, no-one else will know – well, you won’t tell will you?
This is how my Samurai is looking now....


I aslo re-did the border accross the shoulders as I wasn't too happy with that either! Gee, I'm such a fusspot!




And as a wonderful surprise, this is what my son gave me before he went back to college.


Aren’t they wonderful? (And isn’t he a sweetheart!)

Anyway, time to get on with the rest of the day. I did think about doing some housework but I managed to talk myself out of that! Phew, that was a close one! Maybe some more stitching?!!!

Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona

3 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, so lovely to hear from you..i am glad that you are all fine and that bad storm passed..
and mr.samurai is looking so beautiful..lovely stitching..keep it up dear..
sweet flowers..yellow roses are my fav one too..
lots of love for you with hugs xx

Anne said...

So good to hear you are okay and that the hurricane passed you by. It was a good thing to put all your furniture from your patio. Love the progress on your other man :D

mdgtjulie said...

Those flowers are gorgeous, Rhona. I love them!! And grats on the samurai progress. He looks wonderful! I love the bsing you did on his shoulders.