Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tusal

I'm so unorganized that I have had to trained myself to write everything down. I'm the queen of lists and notes on the fridge! And thank heavens that I wrote down all the dates of the new moon, otherwise I would have completely forgotten about this....


Can you see all the metallic threads that I have been constantly moaning about? There's not many threads in this months jar, which either means I have been far more economical on my thread usage or that I haven't done quite as much stitching this month. Sadly, it's the latter!

Here's a picture of the total collection of orts for this year so far...


Quite a collection!

And here is the progress of The Mighty Samurai....

The photo doesn't really capture the sparkle of the metallics, but I have to say.....he's looking good! I found the couching a bit tricky to do, but the effect is stunning. I'm really enjoying working on him again. Who knows, maybe I will get him finished in time for Christmas!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

4 comments:

cucki said...

sweet tusal with lovely colors in it..and samurai is looking so stunning
hugs xx

mdgtjulie said...

He looks great Rhona. And I like your shiny metallics. Pretty!!

Siobhán said...

Wow, fabulous progress and colors!

Lija Broka said...

I do love lists. Life could not go on without them. I have a 'list' notebook that has tabs done by me for different types of tasks with 2 pages for the future blog posts. Lija