Thursday, March 22, 2012

Procrastination!

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction? I'm so bad, I finish the cross stitching but put off actually finishing it into something! I have a pile of things needing finished. Even if I have an idea of what to make, I still procrastinate! So, after giving myself a good kick up the you-know-what, I finally picked up the finished  Dieter's Prayer stitching and made it into a hanging.....


And it wasn't difficult to make either! I'm hoping that seeing this on my kitchen wall every day, will encourage me to go to the fruit bowl instead of raiding the biscuit tin, after all it's almost swimsuit time...yikes!

Here are some close-ups of the stitching..




Yes, chocolate really does make everything better....as if you needed me to tell you that!! lol

The chart for this design can be found at www.TangledThreadsOnline.com along with more of my designs.

And since it's new moon time again, here's my ort jar picture for this month...


For anyone who doesn't know about the ort jar and the TUSAL, please head over to Daffycat's blog where you can read all about it and sign up if you wish!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

lesli said...

What an adorable finish! You made it sound easy! :)
Love you ORT jar!

Mouse said...

hahahahah ... I will give you a good kick up the whatsit if you want ...lol and well done on the finish it looks gorgeous :)
and oooo nice orts too :) love mouse xxxxx

Anne said...

I hear you about the procrastination! I'm bad with that!! Lovely finish though...should be encouragement to finish some more!!!

Faith... said...

I am the same way - I have a pile of stuff where all the stitching is complete - just don't know how to finish it...if I knew how to sew - it might help! Now over to buy your newest chart - I love it!

Lynn said...

Lovely finish! I definitely need someone to kick my butt and get me moving on finishing. It's such a painstaking process for me.

Anonymous said...

Big applause to have overcome the procrastination ! ;-) Great finish ! Ann

Jo said...

Great stitching. My favourites are the coffee designs on your site though...DH adores coffee!

Hippywitch said...

I confess, I'm terrible for procrastinating! I also admit I have finished stitched pictures all rolled up in tubes waiting patiently to be framed, one has been finished 9 years, shhhhh! Don't tell anyone how bad I am......Actually I had totally forgotten about that one until a few weeks ago when it fell out the tube when I picked it up. I think it was trying to drop a hint, lol!

Love the hanging, well done you on getting it finished :-)

love Lori xx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

What a lovely finish :D I love the way you have finished it.