Monday, July 2, 2012

Whodunit?

If the Grinch stole Christmas, who stole last week?!! I can't believe the week has gone and I didn't post anything!

Well last week was busy, eventful (or maybe disastrous would be a better word!) and expensive! Busy, because I had lots of work – yippee! Eventful because the car broke down, then the washing machine started to leak and because bad things always come in three's, expensive as the fridge freezer packed up. Since the three bad things have all happened, I’m sure this week can only get better! I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed that this is true!

So, I have been stitching like crazy to meet deadlines and the most frustrating thing is that I can’t let you see any of it until it’s published in the magazines. At least I’ll have some things to post later in the year!

So you may be wondering how all the ‘O’ went last week. Well after jealously looking at all the wonderful craft rooms on Pinterest (you can see some of the here, just be warned that you might lose many hours browsing on Pinterest!) I finally realized that....

a)      I don’t have  a room big enough to hold anything like most of these pictures
b)      I don’t have enough cash to be able buy half of their storage systems
c)    These rooms are just too neat and tidy for them to belong to ‘real’ crafters

And sadly…

d)     I don’t have enough stash.

Thankfully I can, and will, work on the last one! *wink, wink*

Anyhoo, I did manage to rummage through my stash and re-acquaint myself with everything that I have. I did try to organize things a bit better but I think that deep down, I’m just a very disorganized stitcher/crafter. C’est la vie!

This is what I’m working on at the moment…



Not much to see L

I do have quite a few pieces that need to be finished off. I really must make a point of not leaving them to pile up. My mid-year resolution should be to finish them off as I go along……mmm, we’ll see what happens! Hopefully this week will be more productive with things I can show you.

Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona

7 comments:

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Hugs hun - that sounds like a nightmare week hope this one will be better - someone stole my weekend by making me garden when I'd promised myself to finish my stitching grrrrr

Debbie xx

Lija Broka said...

Looking forward to seeing your work in magazines.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, Rhona, all those things going wrong and all at once!! ARGH!!! I hope you got them all fixed and/or replaced as needed. And of course it had to be things you can't live without too. Awful. Anyways, I hope you have a much better week this week. And I hope you haven't tempted fate by saying it can't get worse. Cause when I say that, it gets worse, lol. I bet you had a ball getting reacquainted with your stash. That's awesome. Good job!!!

Anne said...

Rhona, I'm just like you with lack of space, cash and that tidy like those pinterest rooms. I found pics of those awhile ago, loved them, then found myself thinking that these can't be real!! Love the ice cream treats you are making! I hope the Grinch gave you back some time!!

Hippywitch said...

I can relate to that, my washing machine and tumble dryer packed up a year ago two days apart, I'm sure they were in cahoots!

Yep, I agree a real crafter would never be THAT tidy, it would take way too much valuable crafting time to keep everything in it's little spot! But I do like the plan on acquiring more stash.......

Hope this week is a lot better for you :-)

Hugs, Lori xx

#HeatherMakes said...

What an eventful week you had! Why does everything always come at the same time ... then again there are weeks when things are calm and peaceful (well not in my house anyway so who am I trying to kid?? lol)

Happy stitching! xxooxx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

oh no! sounds like an awful week!